1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Does real DAT cover biochem/carbo on orgo section?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by UFStudent, Apr 10, 2004.

1. UFStudent

UFStudent Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello,

I just took my 1st TopScore test. The organic section covered a few biochemistry/carbohydrate/protein questions. I was very surprised and had no clue answering the questions.

Does the real DAT cover those "advanced" topics? I do hear people cite they they did real well on the orgo section with only 1 semester of orgo ...

2. Calculus1

Calculus1 G.V. Black Fan
    7+ Year Member

I teach at Kaplan and I've found that the Biochem on the actual test is not in the Organic section, but rather, tucked away in the bio section. Yes, the DAT does cover those advanced topics, however, again, not in Ochem section, in Biology.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HBomb

HBomb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Based on the one actual DAT I took, I did not see any sugar/protein chemistry in the OChem section either.