Does real DAT cover biochem/carbo on orgo section?

Started by UFStudent
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UFStudent

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I just took my 1st TopScore test. The organic section covered a few biochemistry/carbohydrate/protein questions. I was very surprised and had no clue answering the questions.

Does the real DAT cover those "advanced" topics? I do hear people cite they they did real well on the orgo section with only 1 semester of orgo ...
 
UFStudent said:
Hello,

I just took my 1st TopScore test. The organic section covered a few biochemistry/carbohydrate/protein questions. I was very surprised and had no clue answering the questions.

Does the real DAT cover those "advanced" topics? I do hear people cite they they did real well on the orgo section with only 1 semester of orgo ...
I teach at Kaplan and I've found that the Biochem on the actual test is not in the Organic section, but rather, tucked away in the bio section. Yes, the DAT does cover those advanced topics, however, again, not in Ochem section, in Biology.
 
Calculus1 said:
I teach at Kaplan and I've found that the Biochem on the actual test is not in the Organic section, but rather, tucked away in the bio section. Yes, the DAT does cover those advanced topics, however, again, not in Ochem section, in Biology.

Based on the one actual DAT I took, I did not see any sugar/protein chemistry in the OChem section either.