Does school matter when determining the salary?

happytree

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2006
I was just curious about if the school matters when the employer is considering your salary. Do people make more money if they graduate from Top 5 pharmacy school than those who graduate from rank 20 school? I'd appreciate any response.

About the Ads

Requiem

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
The only thing school determines is how much pain you'll have trying to climb the greasy pole of academia.

No, it doesn't factor into salary. Research hard into a school that has a great teaching facility. Profs make a world of difference in terms of material.

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
  1. Pharmacist
Aha, glad to see someone understands. I may actually be able to say that I went through pharmacy school without ever attending a Razorback game of any sort. How totally un-Arkansas.

Well if you're a Cards fan you're not 100% unArkansan. Besides the Football games in War Memorial Stadium are better. I love the Red/White home jerseys. I miss canoeing down the various rivers/streams though.

nightcrawleRx

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
  1. Pharmacist
Aren't they a team that pretends to play ball at Wrigley?:smuggrin:

I hate to help keep this thread off-topic but since the obvious answer seems to be "no, it doesn't matter", I'll get in on this baseball talk.

Bottom line, it's been 7 yrs since the Yanks whooped up on that other NY team so it makes complete mathematical sense that they are long overdue.

Rxbound

15+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2005
Arkansas
UIC COP is right across the street from the place where the Cubs last won the World Series in 1908.

If they hold of just one more year, they could REALLY celebrate.

I will say that the Cards-Cubs rivalry is the best one of which to belong. It's not hateful (AHEM, Red Sox-Yankees). Nothing like a day at Busch with Cardinal red and Cubs blue in the stands.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm not interested in a career in academia (at the moment at least..) but was wondering.. does the school you attend for pharmD matter a lot? I know it probably matters a bit, but by how much?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.