does SDN improve your writing skills?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

does SDN improve your writing skills?

• yes!

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • no, what are you talking about?

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters

alphaDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think writing in these threads has helped with your ability to write in general... like, say, prep for your personal statement? i was a science major, so i didn't have all that much practice in college... i think it helped me. it's yet another benefit of SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

hmm...

I dunno about personal statment writeups but it sure as heck improves your **** talking skills (just in case you come accross someone in dental school who doesn't like you) hehe :)

do you think writing in these threads has helped with your ability to write in general... like, say, prep for your personal statement? i was a science major, so i didn't have all that much practice in college... i think it helped me. it's yet another benefit of SDN!

I don't think so even if we do have some crazy grammar correcting people in here.

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN does help us practice our wordprocessing skills.

i think it helps when you get into an argument and have to express a coherent thought.

i think it hurts my writing skillz.

If it could help there are quite a few who need to post a couple of hundred per day. I have been really suprised at how many people post on here and do not know how to spell or either they are too slack to correct their mistakes. A recent example is using "excepted" for "accepted". Come on folks, I thought we were supposed to be the best.

If it could help there are quite a few who need to post a couple of hundred per day. I have been really suprised at how many people post on here and do not know how to spell or either they are too slack to correct their mistakes. A recent example is using "excepted" for "accepted". Come on folks, I thought we were supposed to be the best.

its an online forum. its ok to not fix mistakes, its like using IM.

You know, like nunchuck skillz, bowhunting skillz, computer hacking skillz, SDN WRITING SKILLZ... Girls only want guys who have great skillz :idea:

Are you joking? Actualy it has been my lifes dream to write a novel, after the past 7months I have gained the confidence in order to start.

I am actualy taking a break from writing my thesis. SDN is not challenging because you don't have to know what you are talking about. you can speak out your A$$ and it doesn't matter.

The answer is no, and if you answered yes to this poll,,,,, well I am just going to stop there.

As far as I know, when I discovered SDN, I wrote a lot more than previously. Don't know if it improved my grammar skills . . .

Are you joking? Actualy it has been my lifes dream to write a novel, after the past 7months I have gained the confidence in order to start.

I am actualy taking a break from writing my thesis. SDN is not challenging because you don't have to know what you are talking about. you can speak out your A$$ and it doesn't matter.

The answer is no, and if you answered yes to this poll,,,,, well I am just going to stop there.

Also learnt a couple of codes, like LMAO, ROFL, j/k, etc

Dauber loves SDN statistics.