Does Senior Year Count as part of my Gap Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CherryBlossom15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning on applying right after I graduate from undergrad, June 2022. When I am filling out secondaries that summer that ask "What activities have you been doing in your gap year," do the activities in my senior year count? Because technically if I don't apply during Junior Year I am not considered traditional. Could someone please clarify for me the time frame if I am only taking 1 gap year?

Members don't see this ad.

Some people have not graduated and have been in school continually from the age of five (or whatever). Others have been out of school for 10 years and others for about 10 minutes. This question is asking, "what have you done since you graduated?" given that it is not always obvious from the Work & Activities section and it is obvious when you were in school and when you graduated.

So, answer the question "what have you been doing since graduation?" The question is never "what have you been doing the past 12 months?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
So I am planning on applying right after I graduate from undergrad, June 2022. When I am filling out secondaries that summer that ask "What activities have you been doing in your gap year," do the activities in my senior year count? Because technically if I don't apply during Junior Year I am not considered traditional. Could someone please clarify for me the time frame if I am only taking 1 gap year?
No, your senior year is not, by definition, your gap year. They will be asking about what you are going to be doing in the next year, not what you did your last year in school, which will be covered elsewhere.