Does taking recommended classes increase acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are many recommended classes.
For example, my first choice, VCU website says

Courses in general microbiology, bacteriology, animal or vertebrate physiology, anatomy, genetics and cell biology are strongly recommended. If time permits and the courses are available, courses in immunology, embryology or developmental biology and histology are highly recommended. Additionally, non-science courses in the behavioral sciences and those involving psychomotor skills are recommended.

From the list, I have taken microbio, human phys(I don't know if that's animal physiology), genetics, cell bio, behavior science(economy I think).

I am planning to take histology and sculpture(psychomotor) class this semester.

I was wondering if recommended classes mean any?
If there is a student who took one more recommended class than me, will they prefer him more than me?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many recommended classes.
For example, my first choice, VCU website says

Courses in general microbiology, bacteriology, animal or vertebrate physiology, anatomy, genetics and cell biology are strongly recommended. If time permits and the courses are available, courses in immunology, embryology or developmental biology and histology are highly recommended. Additionally, non-science courses in the behavioral sciences and those involving psychomotor skills are recommended.

From the list, I have taken microbio, human phys(I don't know if that's animal physiology), genetics, cell bio, behavior science(economy I think).

I am planning to take histology and sculpture(psychomotor) class this semester.

I was wondering if recommended classes mean any?
If there is a student who took one more recommended class than me, will they prefer him more than me?

I really doubt there would be a situation where you and another student have all the same stats except for the number of recommended classes....anyway, schools know that it is unrealistic that anyone would be able to take ALL the recommended classes, I just think they want to see how well you perform in upper-level sciences, since that's a good indicator of how well you'll do in dschool. With all the classes you've taken (and plan to take), you're fine.

Nothing beats exceptional GPA and DAT scores. Take classes you will enjoy and excell.

thanks guys~ I guess I shouldn't be stressed about taking all of them :D