Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
Status
I was reading the NYUCD interview feedback. It seems like the interviewers do not read the applicant's portfolio before the interview. Is it true?

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
At every interview I have been to so far it seems like my interviewers have not even looked over my information... They don't even have a clue about my file it seems.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status
Dentist
I was reading the NYUCD interview feedback. It seems like the interviewers do not read the applicant's portfolio before the interview. Is it true?
Keep reading different interview feedbacks and you will see which schools have open and which have closed application interviews. Some schools will have one student interview that is closed and a faculty interview that is open. it varies and nailing it down generally isn't going to help.

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Many interviewers simply don't have time to delve deeply into the file. Some do read everything, but others don't open it until 5 minutes before the interview. This is what I've seen from personal experiences.

Fonz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
My NYU person had it out and seemed like she looked over it at least a bit beforehand because she knew things about me already. Some schools do closed file where they dont know anything about you or have your file during the interview

wigglytooth

Assistant Wiggle-ator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My interviewer from UMDNJ actually mentioned a phrase I used in my personal statement. So, some know your file very well.

714guy

counting down till 5/2012
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
My NYU person had it out and seemed like she looked over it at least a bit beforehand because she knew things about me already. Some schools do closed file where they dont know anything about you or have your file during the interview
Same here my interviewer knew a lot about me before hand.

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
SoCal
Status
Dental Student
3 out of the 4 interviewers I had did not look at my application until they sat down to talk to me.

kxb4777

15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Not true. My interviewer at NYU mentioned how she had gone over my file prior to the interview and asked me questions related to it.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Many interviewers simply don't have time to delve deeply into the file. Some do read everything, but others don't open it until 5 minutes before the interview. This is what I've seen from personal experiences.
Do you think it might also be by design? i.e. if they read the file before hand they are going into the interview with some bias or preformed opinion?

About the Ads