Does the last AAMC you take matter?

Started by 1Sail0r
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1Sail0r

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've taken almost all the AAMCs, still have 9 & 11 left. My exam date is 8/23/12 and I was planning on taking AAMC 11 on Sunday (to give myself time to go over it since I heard that it was the most similar to the current test) and AAMC 9 on Tue. Does this seem like a good plan, or would you guys recommend doing AAMC 11 2 days before the test, to sort of keep it "fresh" in my mind and get me prepared for the real thing.
 
I don't really think it matters too much between 9 and 11 as long as you thoroughly review each. Both are pretty representative of the real test so just choose what you would prefer.

Scoring poorly on the last MCAT before your real test might make you feel bad going into the test, but just continue to stick to whatever schedule you mapped out and I'm sure you will do well.
 
What do you guys think of saving aamc 3 for the last practice test you take in order to boost your confidence? (*sorry for hijacking haha, had to sneak in this question)
 
What do you guys think of saving aamc 3 for the last practice test you take in order to boost your confidence? (*sorry for hijacking haha, had to sneak in this question)

This could very well backfire, because 1) despite what most people say, AAMC 3 is about as difficult as the rest of the AAMC tests and 2) it will absolutely crush your confidence if you take it right before your test and do badly (and a lot of people do tend to do worse on AAMC 3).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think of saving aamc 3 for the last practice test you take in order to boost your confidence? (*sorry for hijacking haha, had to sneak in this question)
IMO only AAMC 11 had a difficulty out of line with the other tests. All the others were about the same. I'd also like to point out that in my case my lowest score was on AAMC 3 (31) and my highest score was on AAMC 11 (39), although granted AAMC 3 was also my first exam and AAMC 11 was my last.

Like someone else said it could also backfire on you if you do poorly. In addition, there's not much "confidence boost" benefit to be gained since even if you do well you'll just think "I did well, but that was on the easiest exam and people say the real thing is even harder than AAMC 11...I wonder how much lower my real score is going to be?"
 
This could very well backfire, because 1) despite what most people say, AAMC 3 is about as difficult as the rest of the AAMC tests and 2) it will absolutely crush your confidence if you take it right before your test and do badly (and a lot of people do tend to do worse on AAMC 3).

IMO only AAMC 11 had a difficulty out of line with the other tests. All the others were about the same. I'd also like to point out that in my case my lowest score was on AAMC 3 (31) and my highest score was on AAMC 11 (39), although granted AAMC 3 was also my first exam and AAMC 11 was my last.

Like someone else said it could also backfire on you if you do poorly. In addition, there's not much "confidence boost" benefit to be gained since even if you do well you'll just think "I did well, but that was on the easiest exam and people say the real thing is even harder than AAMC 11...I wonder how much lower my real score is going to be?"

Yea, you guys are right, good call. I'll do aamc 3 first then! Thanks 👍