Does the PCAT test prep book edition matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

robinbhood

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to study now for my PCAT this July (for admission in 2019-2020), and im wondering, is it enough to get the 2017-2018 or 2016-2017 books to study? Specifically Kaplan, but I might look into other prep books. I'm not sure if the test has changed considerably in the last two years. Up to date books are just so expensive but if I need to spend the extra $10-15 I will.
 
I took my PCAT this year in January and used PCAT materials from the 2016-2017 year. The material was very much effective and I scored really well (especially in the chemistry section). I am selling them for cheap if you are interested!