Does the stress ever end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snahster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sigh... first we stress about doing well in undergrad so we have a good shot at getting into dental school. Then we stress about getting good DAT scores. Then we stress about performing well in our interviews. Then we stress about getting accepted. Once accepted, you'd think the stress would stop there but no... Next we stress about finding a good living situation at our respective schools, then we stress about getting all our financial aid crap together, then we stress about doing well and eventually graduating from dental school. Once you graduate, you'd think the stress ends there right? Nope...wrong again. Next you stress about where you are going to work, then you stress about opening your own practice.... when does the stress endddddddddddddddd...... should i just go to a beach for the rest of my life and live off coconuts? Is all of this stress worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
beach and nuts sounds so good right now...

pervert

:D

Each phase of life brings a different kind of stress. Getting into school is the most stressful (so far I have thought). I would rather be making 150 and trying to buy a practice than making -80,000 a year and trying to pass classes, lol

lol so stupid...

pervert

Each phase of life brings a different kind of stress. Getting into school is the most stressful (so far I have thought). I would rather be making 150 and trying to buy a practice than making -80,000 a year and trying to pass classes, lol

I feel like my day begins and ends with stress, and if it doesn't, then somethings really wrong...lol

it doesnt matter what profession you choose, stress is simply a part of life. You just gotta find ways to deal with it.

pervert

haha....simply brilliant!!!!:laugh::laugh:

I tried the coconut thing. I mean I REALLY tried it. It's gets boring. Stress is what makes life interesting and rewarding. And no, I don't think it ever ends unless you drop out of the game.

Don't stress out. Easy Solution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you kidding? I'm not the least bit stressed. I schedule my time for hard work and fun. Being accepted to dental school is great. Absolutely no stress from now until I start class. I am sure school will have its moments, but at the end of the day I am going to be a dentist and that makes life just so awesome! :)

The stress never ends. You'll worry about Part I, and then Part II, and then completing graduation requirements so you don't have to stay after graduation, and you'll stress about finding WREB patients, then you'll stresss about having them show up for the exam...

For me it's all about the Gym and the Beach. Before I moved out of FL I would go to the beach whenever I got stressed and just chill. Now I just go to the gym. You have to have a time when you can just go do something and get your mind off of whatever is stressing you out. I don't know if it is for everyone but I don't ever feel too stressed out.

then your gonna be stressing about family issues, then job issues, then other life situation issues....that is why you have to have beach and coccanuts once in a while to releave those stress
this is why i choose dentistry because you get to have beach and coccanuts more frequently than MDs and other professions. pharmacy run into cranky patience with insurance doesnt work and so they get more stress than dentistry

Sigh... first we stress about doing well in undergrad so we have a good shot at getting into dental school. Then we stress about getting good DAT scores. Then we stress about performing well in our interviews. Then we stress about getting accepted. Once accepted, you'd think the stress would stop there but no... Next we stress about finding a good living situation at our respective schools, then we stress about getting all our financial aid crap together, then we stress about doing well and eventually graduating from dental school. Once you graduate, you'd think the stress ends there right? Nope...wrong again. Next you stress about where you are going to work, then you stress about opening your own practice.... when does the stress endddddddddddddddd...... should i just go to a beach for the rest of my life and live off coconuts? Is all of this stress worth it?

If you think this is hard, wait until you hit the work industry and deal with REAL life patients... the smallest mistake you make can (at the most) cost a patient his life or (at minimum) gets a patient pissed off at what you did and thier lawer dropped a sue on you.... It NEVER gets easy.... Welcome to life!

If you think this is hard, wait until you hit the work industry and deal with REAL life patients... the smallest mistake you make can (at the most) cost a patient his life or (at minimum) gets a patient pissed off at what you did and thier lawer dropped a sue on you.... It NEVER gets easy.... Welcome to life!

Did I say it was easy? I know it never ends... that's why i posed this... life in the modern era has drawbacks...

Did I say it was easy? I know it never ends... that's why i posed this... life in the modern era has drawbacks...

I don't think there was ever a time were a typical man / (modern days woman) had it easy with little drawbacks... (unless you were / are the prince of England)

I don't think there was ever a time were a typical man / (modern days woman) had it easy with little drawbacks... (unless you were / are the prince of England)

The prince of england is fighting in iraq. I wouldn't call that easy with no drawbacks :D

hes fighting in iraq because he knows he will never get to be king..... and this is his only chance to get in the spotlight

getting into dental school is the easiest part of this story
getting outa dental school is harder
getting your licesne is even more difficult
practicing with real pt. is even more difficult

getting into dental school is the easiest part of this story
getting outa dental school is harder
getting your licesne is even more difficult
practicing with real pt. is even more difficult

Deciding which hygenist applying for the job is the hottest and who to hire is even more difficult.

Deciding which hygenist applying for the job is the hottest and who to hire is even more difficult.

Then figuring out which one to have your kids with is even more difficult.