Does this actually ever happen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dienepredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying this cycle and have everything in including supplemental essays/fees mailed out for the schools I have heard back from. I am missing two letters of recommendation, and will not be able to have them in until late August. :(

So, I have read here and there that some people have gotten interview invites in the past without all their LORs in yet. (Such as at NOVA). This seems like a myth and highly unlikely but I was just wondering if this actually ever happens.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've heard of it, but I wouldn't be expecting it. :)

I received an interview at NOVA with just 2 LOR submitted, I'll have the other 2 sent this week

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No other people you can ask? I'd rather get some generic letter now than wait that long.

No other people you can ask? I'd rather get some generic letter now than wait that long.

Sadly, no. I have had these two professors for multiple science courses so I don't have other options as far as other professors to ask. :( The few other science professors I have had either do not write letters for anybody or have moved/are impossible to contact. -.- Sort of takes the fun out of applying "early" lol.

JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW. THEY MUST HAVE SENSED I POSTED ABOUT THEM ON SDN. :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users