Does this class count for BCPM?

Started by mandym00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mandym00

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I will be applying to all Texas schools (if that matters) and am wonder if a class would count towards BCPM. It is a nutrition class course listed in biology.
The course description states, "May not be used for biology grade point calculation or biology credit toward a BS degree in biology, microbiology, or medical technology."
The TMDAS website says that "Courses for non-science majors or for health career majors (nursing, pharmacy, allied health sciences, etc.) will NOT satisfy the required coursework. All required coursework must be applicable towards a traditional science degree."
So will this class count, yay or nay?
 
I believe nay. Anything that is considered a "health science" class typically does not count toward BCPM.
 
I would think it counts, if it's listed as a Bio dept. course on your transcript. I had a sports med class listed as such and AMCAS accepted it.

No need to share the more damning description, if possible.