Does this class satisfy the math requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thewrongstuff

Lub Dub
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, just wondering if this class would satisfy the math requirement for the majority of med schools:

MATH 113 R/Finite Mathematics for Society Topics considered: basic algebra, systems of equations, matrix algebra, linear programming, finite probability. Problem solving and the use of mathematical reasoning in investigating relevant applications from business and the social sciences form an integral part of the course. Prerequisites: Three years of high school mathematics including intermediate algebra. Credits: 3(3-0) Offered spring, even years

Members don't see this ad.

Finite mathematics and discrete mathematics do not satisfy the math requirements as far as I know.

The minimal math you can get away with is Statistics and Calculus 1.

Finite mathematics and discrete mathematics do not satisfy the math requirements as far as I know.

admittedly I haven't looked much outside of Ohio, but for schools like Wright State and Toledo math mins=

Semester 1: college algebra

Semester 2: Trig.

Members don't see this ad :)

Interesting, do you have a source for that? Which schools are you referring to?

You don't need Calc I for all but a handful of schools, but you do need a year of math. Call the schools and ask if that class would cover it. To be safe though, I'd take College Algebra and Statistics or Trig and Stats if you've already taken College Algebra.