Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a non-trad URM current applicant, currently sitting with 2 IIs. By the time I matriculate (if I get in this cycle), I'll be 5+ years out from uni. During uni, my GPA fell below a 2.0 due to severe extenuating circumstances. I was not formally placed on academic probation; I believe I had a warning trial period. My grades improved, and my copy of my uni transcript states "good standing" for every term.

I disclosed my unique, excruciating life experiences throughout my PS and secondary essays, and they were major talking points during the interviews. I have never been asked to explain my academic performance.

My question is: is this an IA? Is this even worth reporting or sending a letter prompting further discussion about my uni transcript? I mean, they can see my transcripts. (not sure if this is worth mentioning, but in addition to the upward uni GPA trend, I have a 4.0 MS GPA, as well as stellar ECs and a strong mcat score).

Thanks for taking the time to answer my slightly neurotic questions.
If you were not formally placed on academic probation, then it does not count as an IA and you should not disclose it as such. You can talk about the trial you had but that you turned things around if you are prompted to do so either through secondary essay or interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.