Does this count as research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nontrad_FL_LGBT

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a math research project (posterboard) for a class last semester. I'm now working with the professor outside of class to improve it and submit it to my CC's undergraduate research symposium.

Should I count *all* the hours put into this (including in class last semester) or just the part outside of class? Does it count at all? Thanks.
 
I did a math research project (posterboard) for a class last semester. I'm now working with the professor outside of class to improve it and submit it to my CC's undergraduate research symposium.

Should I count *all* the hours put into this (including in class last semester) or just the part outside of class? Does it count at all? Thanks.
Did you test a hypothesis?

Learn something about the scientific method?

If so, then yes!
 
I did a math research project (posterboard) for a class last semester. I'm now working with the professor outside of class to improve it and submit it to my CC's undergraduate research symposium.

Should I count *all* the hours put into this (including in class last semester) or just the part outside of class? Does it count at all? Thanks.
I would count the hours outside of class only
Undergrad research symposium--sounds like it would qualify as research!
Good luck