1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

does this seem right?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by musiclink213, Apr 11, 2004.

1. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    it's lab write up time. My lba is due on tuesday, the day after we come back from break, so i can't ask my professor if i did it correctly. What i had to do was find amount of flouride in water and toothpaste. I had to make a graph of mV vs. log ppm F- in 3 different samples.

One sample had 5 mL of 10ppm F diluted to 100 mL, the second had 10 mL of 10 ppm, the third sample had 20 mL of 10 ppm. They were all diluted to 100 mL.

anyway, my question is if i found hte ppm correctly. I took the ppm (which is mg/L) and multiplyed it by the liters of the solution of 10 ppm that i used. Then, i had the mg only, so i divided it by .1L. Does this seem right? or should I have just used the dilution equation?

I did a graph using the way i described above, and by using the dilution equation, and the one i used with the way i said above came out nice and straight, and the other one didn;t look so pretty. which is why i'm asking if it's right.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.