Does timing of Interview matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beannaithe

Bionerd
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the timing of an interview matters before Dec 1st.

Like if I interview at the beginning of October vs. mid/end of November, will it have any effect on whether I get into a school?

Also, after you have an interview are the admissions decisions made right after the interview or closer to Dec 1 and they decide on everyone.

I hope someone knows the answer... :p

Members don't see this ad.

beannaithe said:
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the timing of an interview matters before Dec 1st.

Like if I interview at the beginning of October vs. mid/end of November, will it have any effect on whether I get into a school?

Also, after you have an interview are the admissions decisions made right after the interview or closer to Dec 1 and they decide on everyone.

I hope someone knows the answer... :p

Last year a friend of mine was interviewed in Columbia two weeks before Dec.1 and he got his acceptance letter a week after Dec. 1. I don't know about this year though since it's more competitive. But overall, I think getting an interview before Dec. 1 is a big advantage. In terms of when they actually make the decision, I think they probably set aside a number of applicants they possibly want to accept after interviewing them. Then they have a meeting/s to make the final decision and cut it down to a certain amount of people.

Also schools are still receving an influx of applicants as we speak. So a much more qualified person (given that they do well on their interview) who applied a bit late could still outshine someone who applied very early and has already been interviewed. But this whole process is complicated, especially since each school has a different way of handling things. Who knows how and when exactly they make their decisions, but I'm sure they're constantly weeding out people.