Does TUCOM-CA prescreen before offering secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RN26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do these schools prescreen before offering secondary application

1. TUCOM CA
2. ATSU
3 Western
4. MWU

Members don't see this ad.

Do these schools prescreen before offering secondary application

1. TUCOM CA
2. ATSU
3 Western
4. MWU

check their websites to be sure. From what I know 1-yes;2-no;3-yes;4-yes

You need to meet their minimum (3.0/23). That's all they screen for.

Members don't see this ad :)
ATSU screens. They used to have their GPA cutoff set at 2.5, but I believe they raised it to 2.8 this year.

ATSU screens. They used to have their GPA cutoff set at 2.5, but I believe they raised it to 2.8 this year.
But do they just send a secondary to any applicant who meets the minimums or do they only send it to people they're genuinely interested in? For example, I've been told that if Touro NY sends you a secondary then there is a solid chance you will get an interview invite. They only send secondaries to students they're truly interested in. Are these or other schools similar to how Touro NY does business? Secondaries are such a profit scheme, it's really upsetting when they send you one knowing full well in advance they will reject you as soon as you pay the fee and turn it in

But do they just send a secondary to any applicant who meets the minimums or do they only send it to people they're genuinely interested in? For example, I've been told that if Touro NY sends you a secondary then there is a solid chance you will get an interview invite. They only send secondaries to students they're truly interested in. Are these or other schools similar to how Touro NY does business? Secondaries are such a profit scheme, it's really upsetting when they send you one knowing full well in advance they will reject you as soon as you pay the fee and turn it in

I can't deny the TouroNY claim, they sent me an II last cycle. But they also charge $200 for their secondary.

Of the schools listed, I think most of them do very basic screening (TUCOM-CA did take an extra week or two). I'm basing this on the speed at which they sent me secondaries. Both ATSUs sent IIs, the rest did not.