Does UOP have a secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howui3

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think they do. But from what has been said here it’s too late any way. If you haven’t gotten an interview yet there class is all filled up. :(
This process is really frustrating. :mad:

There is no secondary. And the class is NOT filled up. And it won't be filled up by Dec. 1. Don't get worried yet. Pacific is behind in their interview schedule this year because of the CDA convention in San Francisco and because of the current search for our new dean. The last 3 weeks have been extremely busy. We've only had 4 to 5 interview groups come through, and they have consisted of about 10 students each.

Members don't see this ad :)
JavadiCavity said:
There is no secondary. And the class is NOT filled up. And it won't be filled up by Dec. 1. Don't get worried yet. Pacific is behind in their interview schedule this year because of the CDA convention in San Francisco and because of the current search for our new dean. The last 3 weeks have been extremely busy. We've only had 4 to 5 interview groups come through, and they have consisted of about 10 students each.

I have just got off the phone with UOP Admissions office, and they told me that at this point they are scheduling interviews for FEBRUARY! And she said that by that point it will be for ALTERNATES! That means they will accept enough to fill the class, and if some choose not to attend UOP, then those interviewing late MIGHT get a chance.

This is what the Admissions told me! So it's not looking so good. If you don't believe me, call them, and ask!

i'll go ahead and confirm that. they are pretty much done filling up their class. this is from my best friend who was at UOP's campus today and talking to the friendly people in the admissions office.

the odd thing is this.... they are taking hardly any BYU students this year, compared to a bunch in the past.... they passed up on a byu applicant that applied on MAY 17th with a 25 PAT..... and they claim they aren't holding BYU applicants to a different standard. Bull(cough!)....

I'm so glad to hear the rumors aren’t true. Now I just hope UOP offers me an interview soon.

I take that back :( it looks like the rumors may be true

JavadiCavity said:

Both Janelle (sp?) and Kathy told me the class is pretty much filled already. All the interviews after January are for alternate positions (and there's no guarantee they will even interview after January), and you know UOP pretty much accepts everyone who interviews... so, it's not looking good.

I think probably 1/2 of the class was already filled even before the interview started... because they reserve spots for people who were on alternate list from the previous year (selected few from the alternate list have the option of following the class for 2 weeks to see if anyone drops out.. if nobody does, then they have a reserved spot for next year), also, the 2+3, 3+3 etc. program students from UOP undergrad..

They are not rumors, I called today.

Why don't you try them on monday!

howui3 said:
They are not rumors, I called today.

Why don't you try them on monday!

No need to call. Thanks for the info. This sucks!

TimR said:
i'll go ahead and confirm that. they are pretty much done filling up their class. this is from my best friend who was at UOP's campus today and talking to the friendly people in the admissions office.

the odd thing is this.... they are taking hardly any BYU students this year, compared to a bunch in the past.... they passed up on a byu applicant that applied on MAY 17th with a 25 PAT..... and they claim they aren't holding BYU applicants to a different standard. Bull(cough!)....

...lousy Mormon haters...175 years of oppression....might as well change their name to the Governor Boggs School of Dentistry...I'm gonna go get plastered with some caffeine free diet Sprite....wake me up for church.

kittylover said:
Both Janelle (sp?) and Kathy told me the class is pretty much filled already. All the interviews after January are for alternate positions (and there's no guarantee they will even interview after January), and you know UOP pretty much accepts everyone who interviews... so, it's not looking good.

I think probably 1/2 of the class was already filled even before the interview started... because they reserve spots for people who were on alternate list from the previous year (selected few from the alternate list have the option of following the class for 2 weeks to see if anyone drops out.. if nobody does, then they have a reserved spot for next year), also, the 2+3, 3+3 etc. program students from UOP undergrad..

Rumors like this don't do anyone any good. The truth is that the class is NOT already filled. And, it will not be filled by Dec. 1 or Dec. 31. However, the interview schedule is full until the end of January.