Does Verification In-Process on PTCAS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
mean that the observation hours were verified, and PTCAS is just processing them now? Or are they just saying the observation hours are "in-progress" using a different term...

I'm wondering because I'm unsure if I have to ask the PT's I shadowed if they REALLY verified things for me or not...

I figured I'd ask you guys first!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine say "verified" under verification so you may want to ask.

Mine say "verified" under verification so you may want to ask.

Alright... the two PT's that still arent verified do not have their PTCAS login info anymore... I emailed PTCAS, no response yet, as to what I should do? Since I can't manually delete these experiences (because they are completed) I don't just want to redo them just yet...

I hope THIS isn't what's holding up my applications from being sent off to schools..

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright... the two PT's that still arent verified do not have their PTCAS login info anymore... I emailed PTCAS, no response yet, as to what I should do? Since I can't manually delete these experiences (because they are completed) I don't just want to redo them just yet...

I hope THIS isn't what's holding up my applications from being sent off to schools..

I had a similar problem when a PT accidentally deleted the email from PTCAS to have them verify my observation hours. I emailed PTCAS and they got back to me fairly quickly, sending the PT another email. Hopefully they get back to you soon!

I had a similar problem when a PT accidentally deleted the email from PTCAS to have them verify my observation hours. I emailed PTCAS and they got back to me fairly quickly, sending the PT another email. Hopefully they get back to you soon!

I was with one of the PT's today, (a different one) and she verified my hours in front of my eyes, and when I got home to check...

It was as if I didn't even send them! The verification slot still showed the magnifying glass, and said "Send observation hours to verifier"...

Needless to say, I emailed PTCAS a few minutes ago :/

I was with one of the PT's today, (a different one) and she verified my hours in front of my eyes, and when I got home to check...

It was as if I didn't even send them! The verification slot still showed the magnifying glass, and said "Send observation hours to verifier"...

Ack, that does sound frustrating. I was really nervous when I was doing that verification process. It just seemed like too much was outside my control for me to be relaxed. This should work itself out since you're doing everything right to be on top of it.

PTCAS doesn't allow you as the applicant to request the email to be resent... FRUSTRATING I KNOW!! You have to ask the PT to email PTCAS themselves.

What I did was pre-wrote the email and asked the PT to copy and past the email, and send it to PTCAS.

Try this as the pre-written email:
Please accept this request that applicant "NAME, (PTCAS ID#)'s" verification of observation hours be resent to me for confirmation.

PTCAS doesn't allow you as the applicant to request the email to be resent... FRUSTRATING I KNOW!! You have to ask the PT to email PTCAS themselves.

What I did was pre-wrote the email and asked the PT to copy and past the email, and send it to PTCAS.

Try this as the pre-written email:
Please accept this request that applicant "NAME, (PTCAS ID#)'s" verification of observation hours be resent to me for confirmation.

When I emailed PTCAS, they forwarded another email to the PT. I couldn't have the email sent directly through hitting a button or anything like that, but I guess they'll send the email again under some circumstances.

Maybe it helped that I forwarded the PT's email (requesting that another email be sent to her) to PTCAS as a part of my email.

Ok well I contacted my PT's and they said "The verification was submitted and complete on 7/12/11"

So clearly PTCAS is at fault. The PT's did everything correct. I think I'm just going to email all of the schools and let them know what is going on. I'll just give each school an explanation and tell them to contact the PT's if they have ANY concern.

Thoughts?

Ok well I contacted my PT's and they said "The verification was submitted and complete on 7/12/11"

So clearly PTCAS is at fault. The PT's did everything correct. I think I'm just going to email all of the schools and let them know what is going on. I'll just give each school an explanation and tell them to contact the PT's if they have ANY concern.

Thoughts?

That might be a good idea as a precaution. I've found it a bit frustrating to use PTCAS. Today they listed my second transcript as "received" even though the date associated with it being received was last Friday. Here I was beginning to panic that it was maybe lost in the mail, but they had it last Friday and just listed it as received today. It's the little things like this that I find annoying. It's always kind of stressful to place your hopes on third parties though too, especially when you're kind of a do-it-yourself sort of person.

It sounds like we're both just about done though with this process! Did PTCAS yet respond to any email explaining this problem to them?

That might be a good idea as a precaution. I've found it a bit frustrating to use PTCAS. Today they listed my second transcript as "received" even though the date associated with it being received was last Friday. Here I was beginning to panic that it was maybe lost in the mail, but they had it last Friday and just listed it as received today. It's the little things like this that I find annoying. It's always kind of stressful to place your hopes on third parties though too, especially when you're kind of a do-it-yourself sort of person.

It sounds like we're both just about done though with this process! Did PTCAS yet respond to any email explaining this problem to them?

Yep, here is their response:

"I am a Customer Service Representative, and am happy to assist you. At this time, the hour status section of the PT Observation Hours denotes whether the hours are "complete" or "In progress". Completed hours mean you have finished working the the PT. In Progress status mean the you will do additional hours with the PT. Neither one denote whether the hours have been verified. That would be listed under the Verification Status section of your PTCAS Application."

They clearly had no idea what my problem was, even though I very clearly wrote the issue. Oh well, I'm just going to warn all of the schools of this tomorrow. Hopefully this doesnt deem my application incomplete! All that $$$ :(

Same here! My PTs did all procedure in front of my eyes --> still verification in progress... PTCAS is problematic here

"I am a Customer Service Representative, and am happy to assist you."

They clearly had no idea what my problem was, even though I very clearly wrote the issue.

PTCAS outsources a lot of the processing, and certainly the answering of emailed questions, to some overseas contractor (probably in India). The answers are always tightly scripted because the person writing them does not have a thorough understanding of the US culture and of how things work over here. If you ask them an unusual question that falls outside of the script they've been given, you'll get a canned answer that does not address your concern.

I am not too happy about PTCAS myself, but it's the only game in town. I just hope that the important work is still performed in the US.

mean that the observation hours were verified, and PTCAS is just processing them now? Or are they just saying the observation hours are "in-progress" using a different term...

I'm wondering because I'm unsure if I have to ask the PT's I shadowed if they REALLY verified things for me or not...

I figured I'd ask you guys first!

"In-progress" means that the PT started working on verifying it and stopped part way into it. PTCAS allows them to save their progress and continue working on it later.

Don't look at your PT hours listed under "additional information". Look at them under "status" (on the righthand side of the application screen). That will tell you whether or not they've been verified. For me, anyway. Stupid but true.

Hey, the PTCAS customer service has replied me like this:

You would have to look to see the status of your PT observation hours in the
"STATUS" box of your application NOT under the Application Checklist.

Did everyone include the PT's license number? I did not bother to ask the PT for his license number upon having it sent for verification. The PT emailed me back saying he verified my hours but on PTCAS it says "verification in process." Its been two weeks, should I contact PTCAS?

Did everyone include the PT's license number? I did not bother to ask the PT for his license number upon having it sent for verification. The PT emailed me back saying he verified my hours but on PTCAS it says "verification in process." Its been two weeks, should I contact PTCAS?

I didn't include the license number (because I didn't know it), but I did tell the PT that he would have to fill in his license number on the verification. I agree that you should give PTCAS a call about this.

Didnt know this was such a common problem! I sent the verification of hours request to my PT's email, and she emailed me back a few hours after not directly saying it was done but implying that it was complete, and that was about a week ago. But the status on ptcas says not verified. I think I am going to have to email her to ask if she did verify.

PTCAS is really slow too. Really slow. I applied last year and every step took longer than expected. It's good to keep an eye on it though, and it doesn't hurt to call and ask them for your own peace of mind.

CALL< CALL<CALL..........also note PTCAS has certain days of the week that they recore / file / mail stuff. So there will be some down time.