Does Walgreens care if techs are consistently getting OT? What’s their limit?

Started by a student
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

a student

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work in Cali where anything more than 8 hours a day is OT which is 1.5x pay. Whenever we need tech coverage, the store manager always gives them the green light to work OT. Recently, I had a tech go on vacation for 2 weeks and I couldn’t find anyone to cover, so my 2 other techs ate up her hours and worked lots of OT.

So now I’m wondering what’s their limit and can I schedule my techs OT regularly?

We get our hours cut from time to time, but my 3 techs depend on those 40 hours a week to pay bills. For instance, if their hours get cut to 36/week each, can I schedule them 3 12 hour shifts each? This way they 12 hours of OT and get paid a total of 42 hours.