Does Western make exceptions for...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublehh03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
one class in the sumemr? i don't think i can get into the human anatomy class for this semester. so does that mean i should call them to cancel my interview or do they make exceptions?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of any schools making exceptions if pre-reqs aren't fulfilled by time of matriculation. If you can't fulfill the pre-reqs, then I think your acceptance would be revoked and someone on the waitlist would be offered your spot.

Definitely call the school though. Maybe something can be worked out, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There's no way you can get into the class???

I haven't heard of any schools making exceptions if pre-reqs aren't fulfilled by time of matriculation. If you can't fulfill the pre-reqs, then I think your acceptance would be revoked and someone on the waitlist would be offered your spot.

Definitely call the school though. Maybe something can be worked out, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There's no way you can get into the class???

it's at a CC so it's harder since the class size is smaller.

Members don't see this ad :)
one class in the sumemr? i don't think i can get into the human anatomy class for this semester. so does that mean i should call them to cancel my interview or do they make exceptions?

i had the same problem, Western won't make exceptions! so you;'re gonna have to do whatever you can.. i wound up going to every time the anatomy class and lab was offered trying to add and even had to check other jc's for anatomy. but apparently many prepharms encounter this problem with anatomy, so do the best you can.

yea i think ima withdraw. so good luck to the other applicant who gets my interview spot.

Is Western the one that doesn't allow summer courses? I know USC requires final transcripts by like 8/13.

yea that sucks. for USC, that just said all pre-reqs must be done by 8/13, not necessarily transcripts. or that is what i think by the "email" they send for the courses you lack.

i dont know if this will help but i did manage to get an exception. i had to take the second part of biochem and luckily, i found a summer session that ended really early on in the summer. once i email the course information to western, the director of admin said it was ok to take that class summer course. i ended up withdrawing my interview since i got into usc but i'm sure they'll work with you IF the summer course ends early enough (b4 matriculation). good luck!

i dont know if this will help but i did manage to get an exception. i had to take the second part of biochem and luckily, i found a summer session that ended really early on in the summer. once i email the course information to western, the director of admin said it was ok to take that class summer course. i ended up withdrawing my interview since i got into usc but i'm sure they'll work with you IF the summer course ends early enough (b4 matriculation). good luck!

can u tell me how did u go about it specifically? did u call them first and said i have to take this class in the summer? who did u talk to?