doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
one class in the sumemr? i don't think i can get into the human anatomy class for this semester. so does that mean i should call them to cancel my interview or do they make exceptions?

OasisDwlr

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I haven't heard of any schools making exceptions if pre-reqs aren't fulfilled by time of matriculation. If you can't fulfill the pre-reqs, then I think your acceptance would be revoked and someone on the waitlist would be offered your spot.

Definitely call the school though. Maybe something can be worked out, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There's no way you can get into the class???

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
I haven't heard of any schools making exceptions if pre-reqs aren't fulfilled by time of matriculation. If you can't fulfill the pre-reqs, then I think your acceptance would be revoked and someone on the waitlist would be offered your spot.

Definitely call the school though. Maybe something can be worked out, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There's no way you can get into the class???

it's at a CC so it's harder since the class size is smaller.

About the Ads

creestoL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
one class in the sumemr? i don't think i can get into the human anatomy class for this semester. so does that mean i should call them to cancel my interview or do they make exceptions?

i had the same problem, Western won't make exceptions! so you;'re gonna have to do whatever you can.. i wound up going to every time the anatomy class and lab was offered trying to add and even had to check other jc's for anatomy. but apparently many prepharms encounter this problem with anatomy, so do the best you can.

mustangrolla

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
La Mirada, Ca
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
i dont know if this will help but i did manage to get an exception. i had to take the second part of biochem and luckily, i found a summer session that ended really early on in the summer. once i email the course information to western, the director of admin said it was ok to take that class summer course. i ended up withdrawing my interview since i got into usc but i'm sure they'll work with you IF the summer course ends early enough (b4 matriculation). good luck!

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
i dont know if this will help but i did manage to get an exception. i had to take the second part of biochem and luckily, i found a summer session that ended really early on in the summer. once i email the course information to western, the director of admin said it was ok to take that class summer course. i ended up withdrawing my interview since i got into usc but i'm sure they'll work with you IF the summer course ends early enough (b4 matriculation). good luck!

can u tell me how did u go about it specifically? did u call them first and said i have to take this class in the summer? who did u talk to?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads