Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone-
I don't know...I did some searching on SDN, and I honestly couldn't find much on this topic. I have wanted to move to the EU for quite some time, but I think completing my pre-residency schooling in the US is a good idea, so I'm applying (and hopefully will get in) this year to US schools. After I get my degree, however, I want to move to Europe. I don't care about less money or not being able to come back to the States...to be quite honest I'm sick of hearing about those two things when it comes to being a doctor.
I simply want to move to Europe. Does anyone know how possible this is and what kind of chance I would get about getting the residency of my choice (is it EU-biased over there)? Also, just in case I ever DID want to come back to the States, for whatever reason, does anyone have any real information on what the process would be? If I lived in Europe for 15 years and wanted to come back, would I have to re-do a full residency in the States to practice here?
Or does anyone have a link that would be helpful with this topic? Thanks!!!
I don't know...I did some searching on SDN, and I honestly couldn't find much on this topic. I have wanted to move to the EU for quite some time, but I think completing my pre-residency schooling in the US is a good idea, so I'm applying (and hopefully will get in) this year to US schools. After I get my degree, however, I want to move to Europe. I don't care about less money or not being able to come back to the States...to be quite honest I'm sick of hearing about those two things when it comes to being a doctor.
I simply want to move to Europe. Does anyone know how possible this is and what kind of chance I would get about getting the residency of my choice (is it EU-biased over there)? Also, just in case I ever DID want to come back to the States, for whatever reason, does anyone have any real information on what the process would be? If I lived in Europe for 15 years and wanted to come back, would I have to re-do a full residency in the States to practice here?
Or does anyone have a link that would be helpful with this topic? Thanks!!!