Doing Post-Bacc during an application cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedAppa

Reaction score
Is is advisable to enroll in an post-bacc program the year I am applying to medical school. Asking because I am expected to end up with a 3.65 cGPA and a 3.56 sGPA at graduation. If it falls short during my first application cycle, I can hopefully re-apply with a better GPA. I still have not taken my MCA.

Members don't see this ad.

September. the diagnostic test score was 499, with no preparation at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
September. the diagnostic test score was 499, with no preparation at all.
Are you graduating this semester and planning to apply in May? You don't necessarily need a post-bacc (especially if you have an upward trend) but I would not suggest applying with a September MCAT with where your GPA is.

Reactions: 1 users
Is is advisable to enroll in an post-bacc program the year I am applying to medical school. Asking because I am expected to end up with a 3.65 cGPA and a 3.56 sGPA at graduation. If it falls short during my first application cycle, I can hopefully re-apply with a better GPA. I still have not taken my MCA.
You don't need a postbac, just a good MCAT score and a strategic school list

Reactions: 1 user
Are you graduating this semester and planning to apply in May? You don't necessarily need a post-bacc (especially if you have an upward trend) but I would not suggest applying with a September MCAT with where your GPA is.
Thanks! Sorry my question was not clear. I am graduating in 2024 and going to take MCAT in September 2023.

Guess it is too early to ask this question.

Thanks! Sorry my question was not clear. I am graduating in 2024 and going to take MCAT in September 2023.

Guess it is too early to ask this question.
Yes, very early. Focus on the MCAT and doing well in your last year of school.

Reactions: 1 user