Doing time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonwill

Podiatrist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody treated any prisoners lately? The doc I'm with got called to the ER a few weeks ago. A prisoner had suffered a tri-malleolar fracture with a lisc franc's dislocation (he claims that he fell). Needless to say, we were in surgery for awhile with that one. Anyway, today was his 2 week follow-up. It was kind of surreal when I went in to examine him. There was a guard outside of the room, he was in his prison suit and was totally shackled. His leg looked great all considering. It was kind of unnerving. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Crazy. Was that at Broadlawns? I once saw Shawshank redemption.

Members don't see this ad :)
jonwill said:
DMU clinic. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

I can't believe you did that here, whose the doctor your with frecshi, smith?

Why the DMU clinic? Is this like a final clinic request like a final meal request before the fry? By the way Dr. Feelmunchy, I have a feeling that this thread will supplant yours in no time.

Well I still have my IPMSA student of the decade medal to hug and kiss at night. :love:

:laugh:

You two must not care about the tests coming up because all you do is post all day. Some of us have to study, Instead of watching 24, and hanging on sdn all night.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Well I still have my IPMSA student of the decade medal to hug and kiss at night. :love:

Huh, I meant to say the thread that I started, you know, DMU super geniuses. I forgot I was in Jonwill's thread. Not much action going on here. Maybe you should say something like pods should start practicing OB/GYN. Now there's a thread. Gauranteed 15 pages of good old fashioned, fun-packed SDN posts.

psionic_blast said:
You two must not care about the tests coming up because all you do is post all day. Some of us have to study, Instead of watching 24, and hanging on sdn all night.

I cant believe Edgar died. And tonight Lyn died, you know, the dude on Goonies, Rudy and Lord of the Rings. He saved CTU though. I cant help but be so proud of him.

IlizaRob said:
I cant believe Edgar died. And tonight Lyn died, you know, the dude on Goonies, Rudy and Lord of the Rings. He saved CTU though. I cant help but be so proud of him.

You suck, you spoiled it. I'm still on the west coast!

sorry, he is so addicted he couldn't wait to tell. 24 :confused: I don't know what the big deal with the show is, but it is one of the better things on tv these days.

gsrimport said:
You suck, you spoiled it. I'm still on the west coast!

Sorry man, but lets face it. We all knew it was coming. Lyn was a bad apple from the get-go. But it was a tear-jerker nontheless.

More than once treated a prisoner in shackles.

Even had a guy arrested once from clinic....

Gunshot in foot. Bullet lodged in the foot, and was painful (reason to take it out). (((Of course the guy was "minding his own business" when it happened.)))

Call the Police Department (had an office in the hospital) to ask if we needed to do something specific with the bullet (Chain of Evidence). They ask the guys name.

Turns out he is likely the shooter in a killing who got wounded during the incident. Police say "Don't let him leave the clinc, we'll be there in minutes. We had to keep the guy in the room until 3 Officers showed up.

Turns out (3 days later) that he wasn't the shooter, just had a similar name. The next day he calls in to see if his surgery is still scheduled.

2 Weeks later we take the bullet out of his foot.

John

JohnfootDr said:
More than once treated a prisoner in shackles.

Even had a guy arrested once from clinic....

Gunshot in foot. Bullet lodged in the foot, and was painful (reason to take it out). (((Of course the guy was "minding his own business" when it happened.)))

Call the Police Department (had an office in the hospital) to ask if we needed to do something specific with the bullet (Chain of Evidence). They ask the guys name.

Turns out he is likely the shooter in a killing who got wounded during the incident. Police say "Don't let him leave the clinc, we'll be there in minutes. We had to keep the guy in the room until 3 Officers showed up.

Turns out (3 days later) that he wasn't the shooter, just had a similar name. The next day he calls in to see if his surgery is still scheduled.

2 Weeks later we take the bullet out of his foot.

John

Was he pissed about the incident with the cops?

Dr_Feelgood said:
Was he pissed about the incident with the cops?

Well.....

Considering we were the County Hospital, and if we didn't do the surgery, he wasn't going to get it done, he didn't say anything. I did get the implication that he was a bit pissed at the cops more than anything else. His name was roughly the (Ethinic) equivalent of John Smith--so I would bet it might have happened in the past.

John