Dominican college DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delacmic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So long story short I've applied to many programs but have been waitlisted by two programs (Dominican and Gannon). I'm getting nervous and it's looking like I might have to take a year off to reapply but the question I have is: If anyone here was waitlisted for the Dominican DPT program, did they receive a confirmation or anything after responding and requesting your name to be put on the waitlist upon receiving the waitlist email from them? I'm asking this because Gannon had me put down a deposit to be on the waitlist and sent a confirmation email once I paid the deposit. Thanks for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, what school did you end up going to?
I applied to Dominican DPT program and was interviewed on Oct. 25, I am still awaiting a letter whether acceptance, denial or waitlisted. My GPA was 3.89 and my observation hours were more than recommended. I am unsure if I am being waitlisted or rejected. Just wanted your insight from your experience.

Hi, what school did you end up going to?
I applied to Dominican DPT program and was interviewed on Oct. 25, I am still awaiting a letter whether acceptance, denial or waitlisted. My GPA was 3.89 and my observation hours were more than recommended. I am unsure if I am being waitlisted or rejected. Just wanted your insight from your experience.

Hi, I went to the December 7th interview and also am awaiting a decision that they said would come in mid December. I did hear they sent out some wait-list decisions, so I don't know what that means for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I went to the December 7th interview and also am awaiting a decision that they said would come in mid December. I did hear they sent out some wait-list decisions, so I don't know what that means for us.

I just got the rejection letter in the mail. I have a 3.89 GPA and did well on the interview. I don't know what else I could have done.
Thinking of sending a thank you letter for the opportunity to the Director.

I just got the rejection letter in the mail. I have a 3.89 GPA and did well on the interview. I don't know what else I could have done.

Oh wow it came through the mail... interesting I have been checking my email. I'm sorry to hear that.. I think it was extremely competitive this year.

Oh wow it came through the mail... interesting I have been checking my email. I'm sorry to hear that.. I think it was extremely competitive this year.
What other schools are you applying to? I'm looking at Mercy College, NY Medical college and Albany

What other schools are you applying to? I'm looking at Mercy College, NY Medical college and Albany

Dominican is one of my top choices, but I also applied to Franklin pierce, Husson, MCPHS, UNE, Wheeling Jesuit, South College. I was looking at Mercy too. Is Dominican the only school you applied?

Also was rejected from Dominican. Thought I had a pretty decent interview, oh well not much you can do.

Do you have any noteworthy extracurriculars? How was your personal statement? Did you boast your interpersonal skills in your application? Any leadership roles? Besides stats, what makes you stand out as an applicant? These are things to consider since some schools want more than an applicant with high stats.