Dominican College Vs. NYIT

Started by futureDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futureDPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I really need someone's opinion about something. In case I don't get into my first choice school I am going to pay $500 to reserve a place in the another school's class. I only got accepted into two so far but am about to lose my place in them if i did not respond back with a yes. But the question is which one should I pay to : Dominican Vs. NYIT. Dominican's first time pass rate is 60% but over all pass rate 85 to 95%. It is really close to my house, so that is great. On the other hand, NYIT first time pass rate is 81% which is better than DC but the thing is it is so far away. I takes me 1 hr to 1.5 hr to get there and dorming is not an option because that will be too expensive which I can not afford. If i go to NYIT I will not have enough time to study because of the long drive.
 
if you like weekend prog. then dominican is good idea...but thn u will have to study everything by yourself.
I got accepted in both NYIT and dominican...i paid $500 to nyit...its far frm NJ too...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes...i went for an interview at both places
interviewers were really nice ..no need to worry🙂
 
I think that both campuses were great, what i don't really like about Dominican is that you have to teach yourself. I don't get it do they still teach you and if you need help will you find someone to help you or tutor you? Thanks.
 
I got accepted both places
i didnt like dominican as I will have to study 80% course material by myself.
good thing tht you will be doing research wid prof. not individual.
NYIT is better as regular prog. and i loved the campus 🙂
 
Dominican's curriculum is meant for a person who has a family or a full time job or other obligations during the week. It is not meant for a regular student. So please keep this in mind.

I think that both campuses were great, what i don't really like about Dominican is that you have to teach yourself. I don't get it do they still teach you and if you need help will you find someone to help you or tutor you? Thanks.

I got accepted both places
i didnt like dominican as I will have to study 80% course material by myself.
good thing tht you will be doing research wid prof. not individual.
NYIT is better as regular prog. and i loved the campus 🙂
 
Did they tell you about your acceptance via email? or they sent you a letter? was it about a week after your interview?