Dominican Republic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

determined2bnmd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

I am interested in attending Medical School. I have taken some pre-med courses a while ago in college but sort of given up for personal reasons, but now that I have graduated (now about 5 years) and have been working in different capacities with healthcare organizations as an administrator in a community clinic, working closely with different types of medical providers, has helped me to become motivated again to attempt medical school, but I don't want to "kill time" doing pre-med courses here in the states, I would like to do a program that includes pre-med and med together so that I just can go straight through and just get it over with. Has anyone gone to the following schools: Intec, UCE, PUCMM, or UCNE (schools that are accepted by in California) and/or may be in my same situation.

I know each persons experience is individual but I would like to get peoples opinion about attending medical school in DR and doing the pre-med/med program.

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am originally from the Dominican Republic....the only thing I can tell you is that the DR is a 3rd world country...You will have the experience of a lifetime seeing things you have never seen, but you must know that getting an MD from the US....is getting an MD from the US.....My cousins go to UNIBE, and the PUCMM...they love it....so think about it....maybe its not the right thing to do in the long run... :)

determined2bnmd said:
hello,

I am interested in attending Medical School. I have taken some pre-med courses a while ago in college but sort of given up for personal reasons, but now that I have graduated (now about 5 years) and have been working in different capacities with healthcare organizations as an administrator in a community clinic, working closely with different types of medical providers, has helped me to become motivated again to attempt medical school, but I don't want to "kill time" doing pre-med courses here in the states, I would like to do a program that includes pre-med and med together so that I just can go straight through and just get it over with. Has anyone gone to the following schools: Intec, UCE, PUCMM, or UCNE (schools that are accepted by in California) and/or may be in my same situation.

I know each persons experience is individual but I would like to get peoples opinion about attending medical school in DR and doing the pre-med/med program.

Thanks in advance :)