Done Handing Out Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aclementine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start a compilation on what schools are done handing out interview invitations. Based on what others have experienced, I have gathered info on a couple schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-December 31 interviews available:
NYU
Temple

No more pre-December 31 interviews available:
UMDNJ
Minnesota
North Carolina
Michigan
Minnesota
BU
Columbia
Penn
Pittsburgh
UTDB Houston
UCLA
Louisville
Tennessee
UCSF

No more interviews. Period:
Marquette
Case
Ohio State
Indiana
UCONN
Baylor

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just going to warn you. People are going to argue that your information is not valid and that they have heard otherwise. Just a heads up. But as for pre-december interviews. If you don't have one now, I doubt you you'll get one. NYU may squeeze some in.

To my understanding:

Marquette is finished with pre-dec 1 interviews, and they don't "plan" on doing post-Dec 1 interviews unless necessary.

Last year, I'm pretty sure Minnesota had 1 interview date after Dec. 1. Looks like they already have one for Jan 8 this year, take that as you wish.

:rolleyes:

My application is on hold at Case until they receive my fall grades so does that mean I will not have a chance of getting an interview? Thanks!

My application is on hold at Case until they receive my fall grades so does that mean I will not have a chance of getting an interview? Thanks!

When I was there early October, they were booking interviews in April already.. However, I'm sure many interviews will be cancelled after some of those students get accepted.. so perhaps you have a shot at filling in one of those?!

Ohio state is done with all interview invites.
Unc is done with all pre dec invites (one more Jan interview date)
Michigan said they are finished with pre dec invites but will have three more interview days in Jan.

Ohio state is done with all interview invites.
Unc is done with all pre dec invites (one more Jan interview date)
Michigan said they are finished with pre dec invites but will have three more interview days in Jan.

Yea i just got a michigan invite for jan 11 so expect them to contact you guys that are still waiting!

Minnesota had me scheduled for November 11th but I had another interview that day so they rescheduled me for jan 8th

I updated the list =)

does anyone know what the interview invite status is like at any of these schools:

BU, Columbia, Indiana, NYU, Temple, Tufts, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Maryland, Pittsburgh, UoP, VCU, WVU

I updated the list =)

does anyone know what the interview invite status is like at any of these schools:

BU, Columbia, Indiana, NYU, Temple, Tufts, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Maryland, Pittsburgh, UoP, VCU, WVU

Indiana I believe is done giving out for OOS. What they did was invite everyone they plan on accepting for OOS in the fall and then gave out a few that will take place in February and explained that February OOS interviews will most likely be for waitlist positions.

Indiana I believe is done giving out for OOS. What they did was invite everyone they plan on accepting for OOS in the fall and then gave out a few that will take place in February and explained that February OOS interviews will most likely be for waitlist positions.

So a pre-dec 1st interview at IUSD for an OOSer is as good as getting in? And am I completely reading into this....

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe BU and Pittsburgh are done with pre-dec interviews. Not sure about Temple and NYU :oops:

I updated the list =)

Just got an interview invite from Columbia yesterday. Haven't scheduled it yet however, doubt it will be pre Dec. 1

So a pre-dec 1st interview at IUSD for an OOSer is as good as getting in? And am I completely reading into this....

I'm not sure if it means that exactly. I just know the letter just said
that if you are a non-resident applicant the interview will most likely be for an alternate spot.

Other than that I have no idea how many of their OOS pre-dec get accepted.

Just got an interview invite from Columbia yesterday. Haven't scheduled it yet however, doubt it will be pre Dec. 1

I just scheduled my interview with Columbia yesterday! I would definitely email instead of call, because I called last week and got no response but when I emailed yesterday she literally responded within like 15 minutes! The earliest date they had as of yesterday was Feb. 12... so I guess we have a while to prepare haha :)

UCONN's last interviewing date is 11/30 for this cycle.
got this directly from the dean of the dental school.

UCONN's last interviewing date is 11/30 for this cycle.
got this directly from the dean of the dental school.

Do you know how many interviews are they sending out this year?

- Not sure how Pittsburgh works -- but I know I might drop that interview if I hear back from my instate schools. So, either they have overbooked Dec 7th interviews knowing some are going to drop or they might invite people with only a week in advance

- UPenn has a few more December spots if you recd the letter in the past few days. Even though it is not pre-Dec 1st, from what I saw on last years predents profile, they get back to your within 2 weeks.

- UMinn, like someone said, Jan interviews have started

- Case. Although they are "fully booked" right now and that MORE people might not get interviews... the people who already have late interviews (Feb-April) can call in post Dec 1st and request for an earlier date (It is all first come first serve, so you would have to call Sherrie 10x a day. She is really sweet though :D so dont worry!)

- I am a Texas resident and unfortunately Baylor stopped giving out invites and they are known for filling up their seats with mostly preDec interviewees.

- UTDB Houston: the last interview I heard them give out is Nov 30th...so they will be interviewing through Jan-Feb

I think it's fair to say at this point all schools are done handing out PRE-December interviews, unless someone cancels theirs. Next week is that last week to conduct them and that would be pretty short notice.

any other schools done handing out invites?

Someone on predents posted that they received a dec 4th interview at Louisville. This makes me think they are not done...

I think UCLA is done with handing out pre-January interviews:(

Someone on predents posted that they received a dec 4th interview at Louisville. This makes me think they are not done...

did they receive it recently? if it was a long time ago, then it's not really accurate if say they are still handing out pre-Dec interviews

did they receive it recently? if it was a long time ago, then it's not really accurate if say they are still handing out pre-Dec interviews
December 4th is not a pre-december interview. You have "Louisville as done handing out interviews. Period." Louisville interviews went from 57-58 in the last couple days and I'm guessing it was the December 4th interview that was added on. Louisville is definitely done with pre-december interviews, but I do not think they are done overall. Unless they have already sent out their post december (including dec.) interviews, which I don't think is the case.

I'm not sure by your statement if we are on the same page, so correct me if I am wrong. I received an invite from TN early October for an interview in January. Although I received it pre-december, that is not a pre-decmber interview. I'm not trying to patronize you at all, I just want to make sure this is clear.

sorry for the confusion, it's been corrected now

How do you know UConn is done sending out interviews? :confused:

UCSF is done interviewing until Janurary.

I think temple has pre-dec 31st interviews still available. I've seen people getting invites for december dates this past week.

Did anyone recently obtain interview invites from Tufts? What dates do they have remaining?

any updates to the list in the second post?

Marquette Invitation for interview keep up all the speculation!