Done with AMCAS '02, when are the secondaries comin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiMarmot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finally filled out the AMCAS app, and now it will take these clowns 6 weeks to process the app? So when can we possibly expect to get the first batch of secondaries? Anyone have any official news or guesses?

Members don't see this ad.

Christmas? Or is that overly optimistic? :rolleyes:

according to an email from my univ's premed advisor, the earliest that secondaries will come in is late August, possibly even early September. which means interviews will be pushed back, which means decisions will be pushed back, etc... the alternative is that adcomms will quickly and haphazardly review files, leaving greater chance that some applicants will fall through the cracks.

basically, nothing good can come of this. my advisor also said that some medical schools were planning an alternate application submission route. and that this contingency plan could be implemented as early as next week. interesting....

Members don't see this ad :)
I got secondaries last year in early July... Then again, I turned in AMCAS in June 1.... This year, it's as good as guess as anyone can.... AMCAS has messed up so much, no one is really sure how things will go this year.

I think for this year, the questions "AM I TOO LATE TO APPLY?" does not apply... No pun intended.... Good luck.... sit tight and they'll come in masses....

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm finally done!!!!!! GET ME SOME AIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Breath Jacky, BREATH!!! Breath in..... breath out.... repeat. :D

Congratulations for finishing....

Originally posted by synite:
• my advisor also said that some medical schools were planning an alternate application submission route. and that this contingency plan could be implemented as early as next week. interesting....•

Check out my thread on contacting the med schools directly.

I'm contacting MD schools directly