Bio - 20
GC - 20
OC - 25
QR - 17
RC - 20
PAT - 18
TS - 21
AA - 20

QR was killer. Lots of calculations. I had to guess blindly on 5 or 6 because I ran out of time :(

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status
Dentist
Hey Beastly,

would you mind telling us what some of your practice scores were if you used kaplan, Top Score, or Achiever, etc.

OP
B

beastly115

Sure, here are some from kaplan and topscore. I just bought DAT Achiever on Sunday and only did some of the science sections. I also have 2 tests I got from the kaplan blue book but I used the written one as my diagnostic and the 2nd one I did slightly lower than my topscore 1 scores.

Topscore 1
Bio 17
GC 18
OC 19
RC 20
QR 18
PAT 18
TS 18
AA 18

Topscore 2
Bio 16
GC 17
OC 21
RC 21
QR 18
PAT 19
TS 18
AA 19

Achiever 1
Bio 16
GC 16
OC 18
TS 17

Achiever 2
Bio 16
GC 15
OC 16
TS 16

sheikha9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Optometry
omg this is such a relief!

i'm scheduled to take the test on Monday, 7/17

and i was freakin out cuz im scoring like 17 in science and 18 on PAT...but good to know that your real test scores were much better than ur practice tests!

i've got a week left and now i have more hope to continue doing some hard core studying!

OP
B

beastly115

sheikha9 said:
omg this is such a relief!

i'm scheduled to take the test on Monday, 7/17

and i was freakin out cuz im scoring like 17 in science and 18 on PAT...but good to know that your real test scores were much better than ur practice tests!

i've got a week left and now i have more hope to continue doing some hard core studying!
I was worrying about the same thing. My highest bio score was a 17 on my first topscore and I got a 20 on the real thing. Good luck on your test!

KHANSAHAAB

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
Status
Great scores,

Can you give a run down of each section; what you thought about each section?

OP
B

beastly115

KHANSAHAAB said:
Great scores,

Can you give a run down of each section; what you thought about each section?

Bio- A lot like topscore and achiever. Questions were nowhere near as tricky though. Pretty straight forward. Had nothing on taxonomy or classification. A little ecology. Other than that it was from kaplan blue book.

GC- Contrary to what everyone here says, I still had a lot of calculations. Used up a lot of my scrap paper. Kaplan is more than enough for this section.

OC- Kaplan is plenty.

RC- I read the questions then look for the answer.

QR- I did fine on the practice tests but there was a hell of a lot of long calculations on the real thing. Had to guess on 5-6 of them but whatever.

PAT- Angles aren't as bad as everyone says. My worst section is the pattern folding. I had about 10 mins left so I reviewed some of the questions.

Bradsher1984

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Beastly,

How was your total sci a 21? 20+20+25 =65. 65/3 = 21.666. Do they not round up? Man, that would really suck.

thehipster

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Dental Student
TS doens't have an average of the 3 science sections. It has its own scaled score.