pat-17
QR-16
RC-20
Bio-19
Chem-18
Orgo-19
TS-19
AA-18
My science gpa is 3.1 and my overall gpa is 3.35. really nervous about the application process. how are my chances of getting into a dental school? thanks

HermeytheElf

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2005
Hollywood Upstairs Dental College
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm not gonna lie...your scores/GPA are pretty average. I'd say you have a decent shot if you have a good personal statement and plenty of ECs/experience. I don't know which state you're a resident in, but I would apply to your state school as well as NYU, BU, Nova, Case, and Temple. Good luck and knock 'em dead at the interviews.

P.S. Why do you like your porridge so hot?

kokobean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
California
Status
Dentist
I agree with elf - you're scores are average. Although I think that if you pick your schools carefully and have a good enough dental background, you have a decent shot at some schools. Good luck!

About the Ads
OP
P

papabear

10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
Status
thanks for the comments and honesty! i've already submitted my application and it has been sent. i would like to apply to couple more schools that were suggested above, is that possible or is it too late to add schools once the app. has been sent? thanks for the help guys.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
If you interview well...you have a slim chance.

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Status
guys quick question: I might be getting similar score so just in case

Same scores

But GPA 3.54 Sci gpa 3.56 BCP 3.86

What do you thnk?

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
JohnDoeDDS said:

Same scores

What do you thnk?
Post your own thread.

kokobean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
California
Status
Dentist
papabear said:
thanks for the comments and honesty! i've already submitted my application and it has been sent. i would like to apply to couple more schools that were suggested above, is that possible or is it too late to add schools once the app. has been sent? thanks for the help guys.
you can add more schools - just go back onto AADSAS where it says "designated schools" and pick. Remember to go to ADEA and send your DAT scores to the extra schools also.

kokobean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
California
Status
Dentist
JohnDoeDDS said:

Same scores

What do you thnk?
well.. it'd be better, but you wouldn't be guaranteed anywhere. Just work hard for those high DAT scores! good luck

zthang

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2006
Status
Dental Student
JohnDoeDDS said:

Same scores

What do you thnk?
Honestly, with those GPA scores, you SHOULDN'T get the same DAT scores. You should do better.

keibee82

Blue_tooth...
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
OC
Status
Pre-Dental
zthang said:
Honestly, with those GPA scores, you SHOULDN'T get the same DAT scores. You should do better.
true....

Notoriousjae

DAT Rockstar
10+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Although there is a correlation between DAT scores and gpa scores, it doesnt necessarily mean that someone with a high gpa is guaranteed a score of 20 and up. Your outcome depends on how much effort you put in. study well and you will rock it.

aggie-master

Scrub
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2004
TX
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Notoriousjae said:
Although there is a correlation between DAT scores and gpa scores, it doesnt necessarily mean that someone with a high gpa is guaranteed a score of 20 and up. Your outcome depends on how much effort you put in. study well and you will rock it.
I agree with this. My only scores below 21 were on the PAT and O-chem sections. I spent very little time preparing for the PAT, reading through the blue book once and taking one practice PAT test. I spent the least time of the sciences on O-chem. It was my strongest science going in so it was my lowest priority as far as sciences went and never got around to studying for it until 2 days before the test. The 2 days didn't help much but I think 2 weeks would have bumped it from a 17 to a 22.

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Notoriousjae said:
You paged? :D

About the Ads