Done with DAT...Scores get me into State Schools?

Started by drat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drat

I catch huge fish.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finished the DAT -- sandwiched it between my vacations. Just glad to have it over and done with!!

AA - 20+
PAT - 17 :scared:
QR - 20+
RC - 20+
Bio - 20+
GC - 20+
OC - 20+
TS - 20+

And since people will ask, my last Topscore exam, I got:
AA - 20
PAT - 19
QR - 24
RC - 21
Bio - 19
GC - 18
OC - 19
TS - 19

Anyway, I am particularly interested in how you guys feel my chances are for getting into a state school in which I'm not a resident (NY residency), particularly UCSF, U of Minnesota, U of Illinios, and U of Michigan. If you guys are from these states and know anything about their acceptance rates of out-of-staters and out-of-staters stats, please let me know. Thanks!

drat!
 
Hey, your scores are AWSOME!!!

I don't know about other schools, but you will definitely get an interview at U of M. I had a lower DAT score than yours, but got an invitation from them.

Congratulations. 👍
 
Congrats! Excellent scores. Were there any surprises on the test? Allot of taxonomy questions?

I'd also like to thank everyone for their help. I'm taking the dat in 15 days, and your adivce and assurances are a great help in my preparation! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Drat. I'm way out of state, had almost the exact same DAT scores (I got 18 on the PAT though), my GPA was modest, and I got accepted at UMichigan. However, I was really interested in the school and sent them an email after my interview saying they were my top choice after the interview (which was true at the time). UMich is an amazing school - and from my limited experiences, I think the 3 most remarkable dental schools are Harvard, UMichigan, and UCSF. [Maybe UPenn should be in there.] But that's just my opinion - I'm sure everyone has a different take on schools (we're all impressed with different things). Best of luck with the application. One piece of advice: with those scores, only go to 5 or 6 interviews at schools you're really serious about attending.
 
I know a bit about University of Minnesota. They are more of a GPA school and they tend to careless about DAT numbers. All they require is national average, 18s. So your DAT scores will definitely be fine at Minnesota.

Your GPA is be a better determinant for Minnesota since you're an out-of-state applicant. If you have a GPA around 3.5, then you'll get an interview for sure because that is their current average for those accepted there. Good luck and amazing numbers!

👍