done with DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elinz0821

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
this is my first real thread, so I just go done with my dat...alittle buzzed right now so excused the typos- here's the rundown

PAT19
QR17 :(
RC22
BIO20
GC20
OC18
TS19
AA19

what do you guys think of these scores?I'm frankly dissappointed, most of the bio question sI had were ecology questions WTF??? And then half of my math question were like trig and probablitity!!! I was getting like 23-25 in the Barrons QR and Kaplan and I got aa 17 on the real thing?? The angles also were horrific....

anywas enough of my whining, so I have a 3.24 GPA and like a 2.8 in overall science, plus a masters in microbiology from duke,
what do you guys think are my chznces? I have huge amounts of research-3 published papers as well as shadowing, but I look at my scores-and I feel they are just average!! what do u guys think?? please be nice=)

Members don't see this ad.

elinz0821 said:
Hello,
this is my first real thread, so I just go done with my dat...alittle buzzed right now so excused the typos- here's the rundown

PAT19
QR17 :(
RC22
BIO20
GC20
OC18
TS19
AA19

what do you guys think of these scores?I'm frankly dissappointed, most of the bio question sI had were ecology questions WTF??? And then half of my math question were like trig and probablitity!!! I was getting like 23-25 in the Barrons QR and Kaplan and I got aa 17 on the real thing?? The angles also were horrific....

anywas enough of my whining, so I have a 3.24 GPA and like a 2.8 in overall science, plus a masters in microbiology from duke,
what do you guys think are my chznces? I have huge amounts of research-3 published papers as well as shadowing, but I look at my scores-and I feel they are just average!! what do u guys think?? please be nice=)

Congrats on finishing your DAT.

I think you've shown that you have a strong probability of success in dental school. Emphasize your interest in the profession if you have it. School is only 4 years. A profession is a lifetime of getting up everyday and working on teeth. I know when you're on the outside looking in its all about the scores, but its really about a whole person. Will you add to your school and the profession? Your scores maybe average, but I would assume you are not? Time to sell you. Good luck. Where are you applying?

Rube said:
Congrats on finishing your DAT.

I think you've shown that you have a strong probability of success in dental school. Emphasize your interest in the profession if you have it. School is only 4 years. A profession is a lifetime of getting up everyday and working on teeth. I know when you're on the outside looking in its all about the scores, but its really about a whole person. Will you add to your school and the profession? Your scores maybe average, but I would assume you are not? Time to sell you. Good luck. Where are you applying?

Thanks, that is very very true, I had to think long and hard before quitting my phd program to take the masters and it was a good thing that I shadowed my dentist because it proved to be a very fruitful experience. Based on that and other experiences, I am pretty confident that dentistry is a field i want to get into, I'm applying to ne schools mostly, bu,tufts,nyu,columbia,newyork at stonybrook,umich (I'm an alumni and dying to go back=)), uic,upenn,temple,.....thatz it. I'm hoping to get into BU, do you think I have chances of getting interviews? I just turned in my apps last week and aasdas is still verifying my gpa....so kinda late, what do you think?

your scores are pretty good, and your experience is surely a big plus :) But the fact that you just applied.. i think that'd hurt you abit. but who knows.. just keep your fingers crossed

good luck! :luck: