Done with my DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antler22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, its over. I can say this, Kaplan did a better than average job preparing for the sciences but an absolutely miserable job for QR and PAT. That said, I was very disappointed int my QR and PAT scores!!!!!! Just curious if you all think I can get in somewhere!
GPA 3.84 TS 3.79

AA 20
PAT 17
QR 16
RC 25
Bios 19
Gen Chem 20
Org Chem 22
TS 20

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I will break the bad news... Yeah you need to apply to 50+ schools! Your chances of getting in are really pretty slim!! If you haven't shadowed about 3000 hours than you better get that done too!

J/K - Of course you have a good chance, why wouldn't you? Such a silly question that so many people ask when they have good stats. Have some faith in yourself son!

you will be fine at schools that don't have a cut-off. don't blame kaplan for low scores though :/ it is ridiculous to think that a study program is responsible for giving you the scores you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS check out my predents profile - I had a 15 QR and got into a few schools w/o problem.

nice RC score, but the rest im not so sure, bottomline your scores are better than average but the sciences are the most important my friend, so read more biology instead! just jokin, good job

well, its over. I can say this, Kaplan did a better than average job preparing for the sciences but an absolutely miserable job for QR and PAT. That said, I was very disappointed int my QR and PAT scores!!!!!! Just curious if you all think I can get in somewhere!
GPA 3.84 TS 3.79

AA 20
PAT 17
QR 16
RC 25
Bios 19
Gen Chem 20
Org Chem 22
TS 20

Wow...your reading score is impressive. Its funny cause I have been in the same situation you're in...worrying about my PAT/QR scores. My scores were really similar to yours too, check out my predents page. I adjusted the schools that I was applying to by only applying to those without a lower limit on scores. Although from everything i've been reading it seems that if one were to score low on one or two sections and still have a great shot of getting in than it would be the PAT/QR sections. So hopefully for both of us we'll be fine. But anyways its out of our hands now...only worry about what YOU can control.