done with the DAT today....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skibum19

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
so i took the DAT today and thought i would see what you guys think....

PAT 22
QR 16... ouch
RC 20
Bio 21
GC 23
OC 24
TS 23
AA 21

all seemed to go well. was pretty pumped about the 23 TS. do you guys think the QR will be a big deal? i am going to be applying for the 09 cycle and right now my gpa is 3.97. what do you guys think my limits are for applying to schools as for the "big" ones? will write more later about the test.

I scored a 15 in QR and got lots of scholarships and acceptances. They look at the complete package. You did excellent on the DAT :thumbup:. Now just worry about writing a personal statement and filling out your AADSAS application in May.

Once again, amazing DAT score!

Members don't see this ad :)
so i took the DAT today and thought i would see what you guys think....

PAT 22
QR 16... ouch
RC 20
Bio 21
GC 23
OC 24
TS 23
AA 21

all seemed to go well. was pretty pumped about the 23 TS. do you guys think the QR will be a big deal? i am going to be applying for the 09 cycle and right now my gpa is 3.97. what do you guys think my limits are for applying to schools as for the "big" ones? will write more later about the test.

Would you mind to share how did you prepare? Which of the books or softwares out there did you think was the closest to the real thing???

Thanks in advance

to prepare i used destroyer, which is great for gchem and ochem, kaplan blue book, topscore, achiever, crack dat pat, and reviewed most of my notes from previous science classes. i started studying toward the beginning of jan. and studied pretty much 8-10 hours every day up until like the 27th when my semester started up again. my scores on topscore/achiever were a little lower than my real scores, except for the QR which was not what i was expecting and ran out of time. crack dat pat was very good practice for the pat.

any questions for me just post em.

I just took my second DAT thursday and scored okay on the sections except for the biology because when I had time left over, I went back and changed so many answers. I could kick myself for having doubt. I hate having extra time on something when I do not need it because instead of just ending the section and losing the extra time, I feel like I need to use it and I end up changing so much. Anyway, I woke up at 6AM the next day and could not stop thinking about the exam. I wrote 5 pages front and back filled with questions, answers and exact concepts tested. Does anyone else remeber any of their questions? I know we are not to write them on here but you can email me if you do. I am curious as to how similar they are. Also, #74 on the science section seemed wrong. they did not seem to have the correct answer choice OR they were missing a carbon on the structure because I counted 6 making it hexane not heptane. let me know in any case. thanks!