Done with the deed, I mean DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grivacobae

Whatascrub
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting to post a breakdown for a while, be it a bad test experience or good! Thankfully it was good :)

I'm gonna start off with saying that I'm quite a bit of a passive studier, which really psyched me out the week leading to the test and even then, I didn't put in 10 hours a day. I spent 2 months and a half studying and about 4 hours of real studying a day, though I was at the library for about 8 haha.

I believe I got a hard test, the Bootcamp and DATGenius test were easier to me, maybe it was the nerves, but after the science I panicked and expected 17s and 18s across the board!

PAT 25
QR 18
RC 19
BIO 21
GC 23
OC 22
TS 22
AA 21

Bio (21) - I'm a Bio major but truth be told, I've learned minimal. I got my chemistries out of the way and I've never seen Physiology, Taxonomy, and some other stuff, so I was pretty worried about bio. I expected worse, like a 17 or 18 worse but Cliffs, Ferralis, Alans, and Destroyer really taught me and helped me with remembering small nuances. On the DAT though, it's like they threw everything out the window and put up random questions, it was weird and got me worried. I marked like a good 12 and went back and did some switching which helped me out in the end i guess. I'm so happy with the 21. Both BC and DG are great resources, as is DAT Destroyer.

QR (18) - This. This section. This section is horrible. I don't hate math but I do hate the DAT math, I just hate it. I didn't start doing MATH Destroyer until 2 weeks prior, big mistake! I was getting 20/40 on the 6 test I took, and then I tried a BC and just no. I did get an 18 on Bootcamp and 18 on the real deal, so BC was representative, I think I got a hard section. And now I'm never speaking of this again.

RC (19) - While this isn't a bad score, I did expect higher. I was scoring 20s and 21s on BC, which apparently is harder, but let me tell you, they were easier. I got a passage with 24 paragraphs on the real one... I didn't even realize it was 24 or I would've skipped to the next one! I had 12 minutes left to search and destroy the last passage, and I have never done search and destroy on any practice test, so I think that's where I lost most of the points. Just be ready for anything, I pretty much used BYUs method, so I think.

GC (23) - When I first started studying, I forgot what general chemistry was, I forgot I even took the class really. But Chad, oh my good buddy Chad. He retaught me everything, but to those who are studying, I did forgot once again after watching Chad a lot of the math behind chemistry, but thanks to DAT Destroyer, it saved me. Really, DAT Destroyer is amazing for GC, it's pretty good for Bio, overkill for OC, but AMAZING for GC, thank you @orgoman22 for that (and I'm sorry if I annoyed you asking questions and arguing with you about the answers and stuff! but that's how I learn best :) ). BC is a must have and DG is too, even though DG has too much calculations and I ran out of time sometimes, it prepares you well. The morning of the test I did 30 GC questions from Chads quizzes, which had my brain running a bit, highly recommended! Again, this section seemed harder than BC.

OC (22) - I thought this would save me from all my 17s and 18s I thought I would end up with! I really don't know what I did wrong, probably careless mistakes. It was very simple and straightforward, maybe 2 or 3 questions that I marked which I wasn't sure but 22 is pretty good so I'm happy with this! Morning of exam I went through DAT Destroyer roadmaps and did 30 questions on Chads. Chad, BC, DG, DAT Destroyer roadmaps are all you need.

PAT (25) - This is awesome. I never thought I would EVER get a 21 or above on any section on the DAT honestly, but a 25?!? I'm too excited for this haha. I did enjoy this section though, and the test TFE, PF, and Keyholes were a bit easier than BC. But the angles... those copy and paste the same angle and rank said angles.... they were HARD on my DAT. I always heard they would be easier than BC but no, they for sure weren't. I guess probability decided to cut me some slack and let me guess them mostly right! Keyholes were on par with BC with some weird shapes, like it was an illusions. Then Cube counting, easiest section that everyone should get all right, am I right? Yeah no, there was an illusions on my DAT, just like Crack DAT Pat, ?*!*?!!. I never saw anything like it, it wasn't like a huge one, it was one of the small ones, but those small ones can throw a damn good punch!

I went through all Chads, all BC test, DG test, the Destroyer 2 and a half times, Feralis once, and Alans notes once. And 3 test from CDP.
To those who slack off like me, and would like to measure your slack off level, here's the measurements.
Watched Season 3 - 8 of Scrubs.
Watched Season 1 of True Detective and am keeping up on Season 2
Watched Season 1 of Other Space (great show!)
and caught up with GOT.
I don't recommend this though because it bums you out before your exam and I started regretting not using my whole time wisely!

Here's my practice Bootcamp and DATGenius scores! I'm not too sure how I ended up better than BC since I thought it was harder... haha

And last but not least, if I can get these scores, grant it not as amazing as most of SDN (y'all are freaks!:p) , ANYONE can get these. Just as long as you put in time and effort, the DAT is possible!

Also, thank you SDN and all of those amazing breakdowns!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Test Scores.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: 5 users
I've been waiting to post a breakdown for a while, be it a bad test experience or good! Thankfully it was good :)

I'm gonna start off with saying that I'm quite a bit of a passive studier, which really psyched me out the week leading to the test and even then, I didn't put in 10 hours a day. I spent 2 months and a half studying and about 4 hours of real studying a day, though I was at the library for about 8 haha.

I believe I got a hard test, the Bootcamp and DATGenius test were easier to me, maybe it was the nerves, but after the science I panicked and expected 17s and 18s across the board!

PAT 25
QR 18
RC 19
BIO 21
GC 23
OC 22
TS 22
AA 21

Bio (21) - I'm a Bio major but truth be told, I've learned minimal. I got my chemistries out of the way and I've never seen Physiology, Taxonomy, and some other stuff, so I was pretty worried about bio. I expected worse, like a 17 or 18 worse but Cliffs, Ferralis, Alans, and Destroyer really taught me and helped me with remembering small nuances. On the DAT though, it's like they threw everything out the window and put up random questions, it was weird and got me worried. I marked like a good 12 and went back and did some switching which helped me out in the end i guess. I'm so happy with the 21. Both BC and DG are great resources, as is DAT Destroyer.

QR (18) - This. This section. This section is horrible. I don't hate math but I do hate the DAT math, I just hate it. I didn't start doing MATH Destroyer until 2 weeks prior, big mistake! I was getting 20/40 on the 6 test I took, and then I tried a BC and just no. I did get an 18 on Bootcamp and 18 on the real deal, so BC was representative, I think I got a hard section. And now I'm never speaking of this again.

RC (19) - While this isn't a bad score, I did expect higher. I was scoring 20s and 21s on BC, which apparently is harder, but let me tell you, they were easier. I got a passage with 24 paragraphs on the real one... I didn't even realize it was 24 or I would've skipped to the next one! I had 12 minutes left to search and destroy the last passage, and I have never done search and destroy on any practice test, so I think that's where I lost most of the points. Just be ready for anything, I pretty much used BYUs method, so I think.

GC (23) - When I first started studying, I forgot what general chemistry was, I forgot I even took the class really. But Chad, oh my good buddy Chad. He retaught me everything, but to those who are studying, I did forgot once again after watching Chad a lot of the math behind chemistry, but thanks to DAT Destroyer, it saved me. Really, DAT Destroyer is amazing for GC, it's pretty good for Bio, overkill for OC, but AMAZING for GC, thank you @orgoman22 for that (and I'm sorry if I annoyed you asking questions and arguing with you about the answers and stuff! but that's how I learn best :) ). BC is a must have and DG is too, even though DG has too much calculations and I ran out of time sometimes, it prepares you well. The morning of the test I did 30 GC questions from Chads quizzes, which had my brain running a bit, highly recommended! Again, this section seemed harder than BC.

OC (22) - I thought this would save me from all my 17s and 18s I thought I would end up with! I really don't know what I did wrong, probably careless mistakes. It was very simple and straightforward, maybe 2 or 3 questions that I marked which I wasn't sure but 22 is pretty good so I'm happy with this! Morning of exam I went through DAT Destroyer roadmaps and did 30 questions on Chads. Chad, BC, DG, DAT Destroyer roadmaps are all you need.

PAT (25) - This is awesome. I never thought I would EVER get a 21 or above on any section on the DAT honestly, but a 25?!? I'm too excited for this haha. I did enjoy this section though, and the test TFE, PF, and Keyholes were a bit easier than BC. But the angles... those copy and paste the same angle and rank said angles.... they were HARD on my DAT. I always heard they would be easier than BC but no, they for sure weren't. I guess probability decided to cut me some slack and let me guess them mostly right! Keyholes were on par with BC with some weird shapes, like it was an illusions. Then Cube counting, easiest section that everyone should get all right, am I right? Yeah no, there was an illusions on my DAT, just like Crack DAT Pat, ?*!*?!!. I never saw anything like it, it wasn't like a huge one, it was one of the small ones, but those small ones can throw a damn good punch!

I went through all Chads, all BC test, DG test, the Destroyer 2 and a half times, Feralis once, and Alans notes once. And 3 test from CDP.
To those who slack off like me, and would like to measure your slack off level, here's the measurements.
Watched Season 3 - 8 of Scrubs.
Watched Season 1 of True Detective and am keeping up on Season 2
Watched Season 1 of Other Space (great show!)
and caught up with GOT.
I don't recommend this though because it bums you out before your exam and I started regretting not using my whole time wisely!

Here's my practice Bootcamp and DATGenius scores! I'm not too sure how I ended up better than BC since I thought it was harder... haha

And last but not least, if I can get these scores, grant it not as amazing as most of SDN (y'all are freaks!:p) , ANYONE can get these. Just as long as you put in time and effort, the DAT is possible!

Also, thank you SDN and all of those amazing breakdowns!

:highfive:Congratulations grivacobae !

Wow, what a crazy ride you had today on the DAT Beast! Glad you hung in there and slayed the DAT..I do believe you received one of the harder versions of the DAT and thankfully you had put in the hard work and it paid off!

Thanks for the breakdown and glad we could be a part of your success story.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Dr. Romano and Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Great Scores!!!
Congratulations!!
Did you take 2009 ADA test? How did you feel about it?

What types of questions did you encounter in Biology?

How similar were your DAT scores to BC and DG?

Great Scores!!!
Congratulations!!
Did you take 2009 ADA test? How did you feel about it?

What types of questions did you encounter in Biology?

How similar were your DAT scores to BC and DG?
Thank you!
Yeah i took the 2009 yesterday! I got 27/30 on GC 24/30 on OC and 36/40 on BIO, i only did the sciences!
Biology was just random, I always read that but never understood it, until the test. Really just try to cover all basis, I know it's a lot but that's all I can say haha
I think my test was harder than BC or DG but I did better, my scores are posted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! I just did 2009 test today
I got 26/30 on GC, 22/30 on OC and 35/40 Bio

Great! I just did 2009 test today
I got 26/30 on GC, 22/30 on OC and 35/40 Bio
Nice scores!

Review it well including the ones you got right to make sure!

You'll do great ( I heard that a lot and never really believed it) but it looks like you got it down!

Thank you for the post and congrats. Btw, you wasn't the Office part of you slack off measurement?
Nah I'm an Office veteran so I've seen it all! I love the Office. "Today, smoking will save lives..." greatest beginning to any shows episode

Reactions: 1 user