done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first semester in pharmacy school is finally over for me.

Next semester I am taking:

Biostats & Epidemiology PHA-332-01 PHARMACY

Pharmaceutics/Calcs II PHA-362-01 PHARMACY /Laboratory PHA-362-60

Medicinal Chemistry PHA-314-01 PHARMACY

Pharmaceutical Care II PHA-302-01 PHARMACY

and you ?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking
Biochemistry
Pharmaceutics II + Lab
Anatomy&Physiology II + Lab
Pharmacy Practice + Tutorial
Pharmacy Skills (Lab)
Pharmaceutical Analysis + Lab

psych II as an elective. Yup, that's 7 courses and 4 labs.

At my school we took A&P I & II in one semester.. that was rough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Instrumental Analysis Lab
Introduction To Research
Molecular Genetic Methods Lab
Portolio
Pharmacy Informatics
Patient Assessment
Pharmacotherapeutics 4
Comp And Alter Medicines

It's good to be done. Not even thinking about what I'm taking next semester.

I'll have an abbreviated 8 week semester starting in January, so there is only 4 classes instead of 8 and we meet twice as often. It's a pretty light schedule.

Pharmacotherapy V
Skills Lab II
Pharmacy Law & Ethics
Drugs & Society (my elective)

TCB said:
My first semester in pharmacy school is finally over for me; I'm celebrating New year in NYC.

Next semester I am taking:

Biostats & Epidemiology PHA-332-01 PHARMACY

Pharmaceutics/Calcs II PHA-362-01 PHARMACY /Laboratory PHA-362-60

Medicinal Chemistry PHA-314-01 PHARMACY

Pharmaceutical Care II PHA-302-01 PHARMACY

and you ?

Good to hear from you, TCB. How did you like your first semester?

dgroulx said:
Good to hear from you, TCB. How did you like your first semester?

My first semester was scary toward the end; 13 people failed with a C-, so they're repeating the year. Overal it was good, I will work harder this upcoming semester.

Thanks for asking Dana.

Dana do you think that I can use this thread as my blog??? I am tempted to have one just like what I used to have on the pre-pharmacy forum, but two of my classmates are on this website. I don't want them to read about struggles, especially since I study with one of them from time to time and the second classmate is really smart, just like you. Actually never mind, since they know who I am, I might get in trouble one day.

TCB said:
My first semester was scary toward the end; 13 people failed with a C-, so they're repeating the year. Overal it was good, I will work harder this upcoming semester.

Thanks for asking Dana.

Dana do you think that I can use this thread as my blog??? I am tempted to have one just like what I used to have on the pre-pharmacy forum, but two of my classmates are on this website. I don't want them to read about struggles, especially since I study with one of them from time to time and the second classmate is really smart, just like you. Actually never mind, since they know who I am, I might get in trouble one day.

There are many different blogging websites out there. Livejournal, Xanga, and Blogger are just a few.

Yeah i want to say that I am glad to have my first semester down. Next semester, I look forward to:

Medicinal Chem I
Pharm Biotech/Immunology
Physiology
Drug Delivery II (pharmaceutics)

One semester down.. seven more to go...

Pharmaceutics II :eek:
Biological Systems II :scared:
Pharmacy Practice & Skills II :)
Molecular Genetics :confused:
Public Health & Epidemiology :)

Next semester I'll be taking:

Medicinal Chemistry II- 3cr
Pharmacology II-4 cr
Pharmacotherapy II-5cr
Dose Optimization II (kinetics)- 2 cr
Practicum IV- 1 cr
Professional Communications- 2cr

17cr hrs which is a blessing compared to this past semester which had only 1 more credit hour but 1 particular class that took up too much time!

Trancelucent1 said:
Next semester I'll be taking:

Medicinal Chemistry II- 3cr
Pharmacology II-4 cr
Pharmacotherapy II-5cr
Dose Optimization II (kinetics)- 2 cr
Practicum IV- 1 cr
Professional Communications- 2cr

17cr hrs which is a blessing compared to this past semester which had only 1 more credit hour but 1 particular class that took up too much time!

Aren't you taking PTX III next semester? You just finished II.

You're lucky that they took away Med Use Process from your schedule. That was the most time consuming piece of crap course ever. With the schedule rearrangement you guys got Dr. Doug the Data Dude instead. (Whoa!)

They told us that they are taking aspects of Med Useless and dispersing it throughout your classes. In other words, adding more BS work to your already busy schedule.

dgroulx said:
Aren't you taking PTX III next semester? You just finished II.

You're lucky that they took away Med Use Process from your schedule. That was the most time consuming piece of crap course ever. With the schedule rearrangement you guys got Dr. Doug the Data Dude instead. (Whoa!)

They told us that they are taking aspects of Med Useless and dispersing it throughout your classes. In other words, adding more BS work to your already busy schedule.
doh...you're right. PTX III. Argh I'm already lost and we haven't gone back yet :) Yeah I heard Med Useless was awful. Although DDDD was pretty bad to, but I'm happy with my B+ as I don't feel like I know much of what he taught except we want our p <.05 haha.