Done...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluekty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I just finished my DAT today.
It is not super like other students' here but at least I am happy with my reading score. (My first language isn't English)

PAT 22 98.9%
QR 28 100.0%
RC 20 :) 77.4%
Bio 21 97.2%
GC 21 92.4%
OC 25 99.4%
TS 22 98.2%
AA 23 99.3%

I had a lot of similar bio questions as DAT acheivers'. Exam Kracker and DAT destroyer was good reviews as well.
I am not planning to take DAT any more. So I am selling my DAT destroyer and Exam Kracker GC, OC, and RC. Whoever interested in these, PM me.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Great Job!! Those are excellent scores

How did you study for the DAT?

hey good job i am going to take the test i am wondering if u can tell me your reading com passages. good luck on future.
Hi
It is not super like other students' here but at least I am happy with my reading score. (My first language isn't English)

PAT 22 98.9%
QR 28 100.0%
Bio 21 97.2%
GC 21 92.4%
OC 25 99.4%
TS 22 98.2%
AA 23 99.3%

I had a lot of similar bio questions as DAT acheivers'. Exam Kracker and DAT destroyer was good reviews as well.
I am not planning to take DAT any more. So I am selling my DAT destroyer and Exam Kracker GC, OC, and RC. Whoever interested in these, PM me.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great Job!! Those are excellent scores

How did you study for the DAT?

I did go through Kaplan first just skimming through. And then did Exam Krackers 1001 for Ochem and chem (I only finished half but I should've finished GChem though). I used top score, DAT acheiver to test myself (I made flash cards going through all the questions and the answers), and then for the last week, I bought DAT destroyer and did it twice.
Luckily, I did not have to study for QR and PAT section (I was in Applied math minor). So most of the time, I was concentrating on RC and Sciences.

I don't know how much DAT destroyer helped me, but I can say that it was a good review. And I don't regret buying it.
And I saw quite a few bio questions from DAT achiever.
I hope this helps.

Hi

PAT 22 98.9%
QR 28 100.0%
Bio 21 97.2%
GC 21 92.4%
OC 25 99.4%
TS 22 98.2%
AA 23 99.3%

Thanks.

great scores. where the RC passages easy?? i mean was it hard to find the answers. also, u dont think that dat destroyer helped a lot?? is the chem n ochem section on dat achiever any good???

what is the RC book do you have? english is not my first language and i need help with that too. i have to retake DAT again. could you let me know about your book?

great scores. where the RC passages easy?? i mean was it hard to find the answers. also, u dont think that dat destroyer helped a lot?? is the chem n ochem section on dat achiever any good???

I did not say that DAT destroyer did not helped a lot.
I meant I do not think that DAT destroyer was the only thing that helped me. I think studying enough with all other materials and then reviewing with DAT destroyer altogether helped .

RC was not too bad (I can say this now since I am done :D ) My problem before was that I could never finish the RC section in time. But in the test, I was able to finish them all and was able to go to restroom as well (I had a bladder problem. Do not drink too much water...!) Especially the last one, ANS, I did not even have to read the passage, and I could answer most of questions. It was all about ANS, sympathetic, parasympathetic nervous system. For the stock passage, it was fairly easy to find terms because there are many equations, and most paragraphs start with the terms.
I do not remember seeing any questions with word-for-word answers.

Ochem and chem... I think reviewing Kaplan blue book should be enough for the basic concepts. And I think DAT acheiver, Exam Kracker, and DAT destroyer are all useful for practice.

After 24 hours later from DAT, I do not remember much about the test any more, but I think there were many basic mechanism questions in the Ochem section.

I expected better score in GC than OC, and I still don't know why I did not do better than OC. There must be something about GC, but I don't remember. Or it's just me.

I hope this helps.

what is the RC book do you have? english is not my first language and i need help with that too. i have to retake DAT again. could you let me know about your book?

I have a Exam Kracker 1001 MCAT verbal reasoning.

thank you. i am retaking my exam next week. i have used kaplan, dat achiever, n dat destroyer. i hope i do well this time.

I did not say that DAT destroyer did not helped a lot.
I meant I do not think that DAT destroyer was the only thing that helped me. I think studying enough with all other materials and then reviewing with DAT destroyer altogether helped .

RC was not too bad (I can say this now since I am done :D ) My problem before was that I could never finish the RC section in time. But in the test, I was able to finish them all and was able to go to restroom as well (I had a bladder problem. Do not drink too much water...!) Especially the last one, ANS, I did not even have to read the passage, and I could answer most of questions. It was all about ANS, sympathetic, parasympathetic nervous system. For the stock passage, it was fairly easy to find terms because there are many equations, and most paragraphs start with the terms.
I do not remember seeing any questions with word-for-word answers.

Ochem and chem... I think reviewing Kaplan blue book should be enough for the basic concepts. And I think DAT acheiver, Exam Kracker, and DAT destroyer are all useful for practice.

After 24 hours later from DAT, I do not remember much about the test any more, but I think there were many basic mechanism questions in the Ochem section.

I expected better score in GC than OC, and I still don't know why I did not do better than OC. There must be something about GC, but I don't remember. Or it's just me.

I hope this helps.

Congrats, those are great scores. I know that you were a math minor, but any suggestions for those of us who are not as familiar? I can't seem to find a book that skims through the basics.

Congrats, those are great scores. I know that you were a math minor, but any suggestions for those of us who are not as familiar? I can't seem to find a book that skims through the basics.

I personally think that math is a memorizing subject.
Memorize all the formulas from Barron's or Kaplan or you can select any DAT book to do so. Purely memorize them. After memorizing all, you should be able to solve the section faster.
If you have any other question, let me know.
I will try to help you.

so unreal!!!!
ur score is so unreal!!!!
he can't be true....LOL.
English is my 4th language and I hope i can learn RC from u :)
so unreal... :)

Hi bluekty, I noted the general consensus saying that RC turns out more challenging on the real DAT versus those from most practice guides. But what do you think of the stock passage from DAT Achiever? Is it any good or close to the one you got?

Hi bluekty, I noted the general consensus saying that RC turns out more challenging on the real DAT versus those from most practice guides. But what do you think of the stock passage from DAT Achiever? Is it any good or close to the one you got?

Real DAT is harder than the practice one for sure. Practice exams have a lot of word by word answers, but real DAT has mostly inference questions, so you have to think before you answer.
Same thing for the stock passage. DAT achiever and real DAT dealt with mostly the same concepts (terms) but very different. Real DAT had a lot of inference questions, and was way longer as well. If I remember correctly, I think it was about 18 passages.
I would say the stock passage wasn't too bad though because it was easy to find the passage that contains answers. As I said before, the passages start with the terms. So I just had to go to the passage and start reading to find the answer, of course it was not word by word.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.