Donkey names?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoodle

UC-Davis DVM/PhD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a VERY important topic for you all! My mom, in a fit of empty-nesting, just agreed to foster two 6 month old donkeys. They had been seized by animal control as newborns, along with their mother and a herd of horses, from an abusive owner who neglected to feed and water them. These little donklets grew up in a rescue facility, and are now being weaned and castrated. Currently they are going by Fuzzy and Wuzzy - they are very friendly! Any ideas for names?!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• donkeys.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 174
This is a VERY important topic for you all! My mom, in a fit of empty-nesting, just agreed to foster two 6 month old donkeys. They had been seized by animal control as newborns, along with their mother and a herd of horses, from an abusive owner who neglected to feed and water them. These little donklets grew up in a rescue facility, and are now being weaned and castrated. Currently they are going by Fuzzy and Wuzzy - they are very friendly! Any ideas for names?!

Haha, my freshman RAs were named Fuzzy and Wuzzy (well, they had real names, but I don't know a single person on campus who called them anythig other than those nicknames).

A friend of mine, who now is a second year at Western, had a donkey named Pancake. It was the most perfect name ever :)

They are adorable:D You could also do something like salt and pepper or yin and yang since one is dark and one is light. Ok so those weren't super original, but its an idea.

Good luck to your mom:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
cute ideas! Thanks!

A bit more info - they're actually MINI donkeys. And both are boys (hence the castration). They are half-brothers, very close in age.

Aww cute! Where are you located? We are looking to adopt a mini donkey but haven't found one yet!

ah, memories of baby goats following your mom around, endlessly bleating for attention! We see a mini donkey with cushings at our clinic named Puddin. She is very fuzzy, I bet those two are so cute! No doubt they will end up with some very wonderful literary names...

Yodi and Sancho.

(as in Donkey Yodi :D and his sidekick Sancho).

I absolutely LOVE miniature donkeys. I'm sure your mom will have a blast with them! That being said, I'm terrible with creative names, so I leave that to everyone else ...

Funny you say that, Critterfixer... we have actually already had a Donkey Hodi, and a dog named Sancho.... great minds think alike :D

Tealamutt, you wouldn't believe the current goats. They're like oversize, entitled dogs (or have you met them? I don't remember - Molly and (Buck) Mulligan of Ulysses fame).

Well shoot...

OK, how about:

Cornell and Tufts
Abercrombie and Fitch
Dante and Virgil
Calvin and Hobbes
Linus and Albert

HAHA, I love Dante and Virgil, Linus and Albert... actually I love all of them... cornell and tufts... can't breathe.... too much laughing...

Obama and Hillary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obama and Hillary.

What would they (the above said names) be called if they ran together on the same ticket (Like Prez and VP?).............................
............................................................................................
............................................................................................

Give up?

Barack-ally
OR
H*ll of Obam

My mom says:
"We think they are somewhat Latin American donks.
Evo (Morales) and Hugo (Chavez)
Marx and Trotsky

I'm very happy, they are eating and drinking and nozzeling and only occasionally give voice.
Wait: Pavarotti and Placido"

How about

Don and Juan
Don and Quixote
Don Diego and Delavega
Cerveza and patron

Okay, I need to get back to work.

How about Burrito -- literally means little donkey --- and Churro (Churrito? - a small churro, the dessert). Burrito and Churrito.

But I'm not the best person to ask. I had a fish named Lunch Box. And if I get a dog, it's going to be a golden, and I'm naming it Waffle.

I hate to be totally abrasive, but how about
Hee and Haw (as in braying "heehaw"?)

I knew a mini donkey growing up and he was a real ass! Trying to bite anyone who tried to be nice to him! His name was Gary. :p

I like people names for animals.

You could pick a famous duo that means something to you or to your mom... at the moment, the only one that I can come up with is Luke and Han (Star Wars) but it is still early in the morning.

Or something like Bud or Bubba :p

:laugh: My vote is for Burrito and Churrito :laugh:

Luke and Han ???

(Star Wars fan over here...)

They are adorbale! I love mini donkeys !

I second the vote for Burrito and Churrito! Haha, hoodle, you should start a poll!

They are really cute btw.

They are so cute..
How about Cheech and Chong :cool:

Ok, I will share what I plan on naming my next set of future kitties: Harry and Lloyd (Dumb and Dumber). My bf and I come up with cool random pet names all the time, and that was what we came up with the other night.

Another one-
Of course we already have a Shermanator at home... the bf is always threatening me that he's going to bring home a new dog and name it Stiffler.

I love handh02's- "Gary". That one had me rolling. I would totally be like "You suck Gary!" Then it gets me thinking of Tina on Napoleon Dynamite..... :laugh: