Don’t give up hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meddoctorhopeful

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi I just wanted to share my story - I had a bad mcat score and ended up taking it 3 times. Went to a top 10 school for undergrad but ended up taking classes at a community college plus at a local university 5 years after I graduated. After little success my first two cycles I was accepted to medical school and have had many more interviews than I expected!! The biggest difference this cycle was tailoring my personal statement to really tell my story and just making sure I gave an image of who I am. Plus I took two upper level science classes and did really well in them. This post is to give anyone who has doubts to never give up!! If this is what you want then go for it! In the end it will work out.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
hi I just wanted to share my story - I had a bad mcat score and ended up taking it 3 times. Went to a top 10 school for undergrad but ended up taking classes at a community college plus at a local university 5 years after I graduated. After little success my first two cycles I was accepted to medical school and have had many more interviews than I expected!! The biggest difference this cycle was tailoring my personal statement to really tell my story and just making sure I gave an image of who I am. Plus I took two upper level science classes and did really well in them. This post is to give anyone who has doubts to never give up!! If this is what you want then go for it! In the end it will work out.
:thumbup::love::love::love::thumbup::thumbup::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::highfive::highfive::highfive::hardy::hardy::hardy::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap::clap::woot::woot::woot::biglove::biglove::biglove::banana::banana::banana::hello::hello::hello::claps::claps::claps:

Now go read this:

Reactions: 1 users
Yes that was a really good read with really great points. Thanks for sharing. I really do believe to go into medicine takes commitment and a willingness to adapt to learning material in a way you never had to. Lucky for future students the mcat is also teaching you to learn to apply concepts and not just learn them - that’s why I believe even though it’s not always fun preparing for it, it’s a necessary rite of passage that has a lot of meaningful lessons just going through the process

Reactions: 1 user