Dont Give Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ykw123456

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first application was in 2008 when I was in senior in undergrad.
With my sGPA 3.2 and 20 DAT, I thought I have a good shot, but I did not get a single interview.
In next cycle, with little better DAT score, I reapplied. I got one late interview at Midwestern but got denied after.
I really did not know what to do next - I had pretty hard time after losing the hope of getting in. Then, I read someone's post here who did not give up for years and finally got acceptances.
So, I decided to go to 1 yr master program last year to build up my GPA.
There were many reasons that make the program tough for me, but mostly that doing all that works without knowing getting in was the hardest part.
Today, I got my first acceptance.
I still cant believe that I am actually done with the 7 years of predental student label.
All I am trying to say is another 3 year charming story to cheer someone who might just give up after this cycle. (May be its too early to post this, but I thought I wouldnt later)
Dont give up. If you really want, You can do it.

Members don't see this ad.

where did you do your 1 year masters

and congrats btw!!!! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the non thesis master in indiana (IUPUI)
you take 10 classes total in 1 year.
I think it really helps you to get in IU at least.
I got 3 pre december interviews this cycle btw.

Good stuff. I love your perseverence.

I did the non thesis master in indiana (IUPUI)
you take 10 classes total in 1 year.
I think it really helps you to get in IU at least.
I got 3 pre december interviews this cycle btw.

Nice! That's what I think I am going to do. I only interviewed at IUSD and am now in limbo until March. If I don't get in this year I hope that the program above helps me as it has you! Thanks for the post and congrats!!

You well deserved it and I'm really proud that we are looking for the same profession.

Congrats :thumbup:

thanks for posting this... congratulations!

Don't give up. I just got my acceptance today to my number one choice on my fifth application cycle. During my fourth application cycle to dental school, I attended IUPUI pre-professional master's. I worked hard and it paid off in the long run. However, it did not help me get into IU as an out-of-state applicant. Keep on trying.