don't have time for 1001 problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterMood

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
I don't havfe time to do any or all of the 1001 books. I've been scoring anywhere from 10-13 on the examkrackers 30 minute exams, and i was wondering how well they correlate to the AAMC MCAT exams and the real thing.

Thanks,
sagetphoto04b.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

especially inorganic chemistry and physics.

In my experience, the scores (EK section versus MCAT) correlate pretty closely if anything I've scored higher on the MCAT than the section tests, the thing in your post that seemed of concern is that it sounds like you've not purchased all of the AAMC old tests yet to be able to tell how closely the EK stuff matches AAMC? What'll kill you is the timing and focusing on this stuff for 5 1/2 hours straight, in my earlier AAMC tests I found most answers in the beginning of the full length mcat test were right, but then things got worse later in the test (overall scores have been 30, some higher, some lower).

So I'd definitely suggest you look into this, I'm going so far as to finish the second essay 5+ minutes early so as to have a break (in addition to the 10 minute break) before starting bio/orgo.

Strongly suggested to take all 8 AAMC tests, maybe 1 or 2 per week, prior to the real thing.