Don't know what to do

Started by Medme22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Medme22

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in a PhD program and I was thinking about doing PharmD/ PhD. However the admissions committee wants me to wait until after I finish my PhD( gave no reason why). Doing both would've been an extra 2 years added on to the 2 I have remaining in my PhD program. Should I cut my losses and just do the PharmD program once I finish my PhD program, stick with the PhD program or just stop my PhD program and switch over to PharmD.
 
Absolutely do not cut your losses on a PhD program without answering the following questions:

What is your academic objectve?
What do you eventually want to do professionally?
Will the PhD program let you leave now with a master's degree?
Why a sudden desire to switch from PhD to PharmD?
 
Absolutely do not cut your losses on a PhD program without answering the following questions:

What is your academic objectve?
What do you eventually want to do professionally?
Will the PhD program let you leave now with a master's degree?
Why a sudden desire to switch from PhD to PharmD?
I don't see myself teaching each and every day. Nor do I want to do a post doc. I would love to get a job in industry but it depends on the location. Somewhere south would be ideal. I'm sure I can switch to a masters program but I already have a masters. I just want job security but I get bored with things quickly so I don't know if I would get bored with a PhD.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in a PhD program and I was thinking about doing PharmD/ PhD. However the admissions committee wants me to wait until after I finish my PhD( gave no reason why). Doing both would've been an extra 2 years added on to the 2 I have remaining in my PhD program. Should I cut my losses and just do the PharmD program once I finish my PhD program, stick with the PhD program or just stop my PhD program and switch over to PharmD.

How old are you? Your icon indicates you are a woman.