Don't Know Why, I Just Do (Georgetown)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nickel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Georgetown's secondary asks the question, "Why Georgetown?" Now if you're somebody (like me) who applied to tons of medical school just hoping to get in, the real answer to this is "Because you're a medical school and that's good enough for me." I wouldn't paricularly want to go to Georgetown, but if they take me, I'd go, and most likely enjoy it.

Anyway, what would a person like me write?

Members don't see this ad.

I just noticed a lot of typos. It's cuz I got a baby in one arm and Im typing one-handed. :) And Im too lazy to make corrections.

a person like you would have to write why you would enjoy your time at georgetown.

what do you know about it. maybe you should do some research on the school website, the surrounding environment of GT, to see what you would like about the school. plus you might more things about GT to help you out even more before you write.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely write about their philosophy in teaching medicine. Georgetown prides itself in the way they educate their students. Lay off the living in DC is great thing b/c they'll see right through it. I've heard all but heard directly that they dont care if you want to work in the DC metro area or not, or how much you like it. just my piece.

Originally posted by Nickel
Georgetown's secondary asks the question, "Why Georgetown?" Now if you're somebody (like me) who applied to tons of medical school just hoping to get in, the real answer to this is "Because you're a medical school and that's good enough for me." I wouldn't paricularly want to go to Georgetown, but if they take me, I'd go, and most likely enjoy it.

Anyway, what would a person like me write?
Isn't it a bit late in the process to turn in a secondary?

Originally posted by Slickness
Isn't it a bit late in the process to turn in a secondary?

Yes indeed it is. The question is hypothetical. What actually happened was, I put Georgetown on my AMCAS list. When I received the secondary, I read the question, and I thought, "Well, the truth is, I don't really have an opinion about Georgetown one way or the other." So I decided to skip it cuz I didn't have the imagination for it.

Maybe it was risky, but I'm where I want to be (MSII). But I've always wondered what to do in that kind of a situation.

I have to say I kind of liked that about Georgetown tho -- they really want to know the reasons behind you applying there -- they're not as focused on numbers and it shows. But they do work you hard there I hear :) (90 hrs/wk as an MSIII/IV -- jesuit philosophy serve others> yourself)