Don't make yourselves crazy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fargeese

VMRCVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People, we have months. Personally, I already went gray freaking out last year, and I can't afford another dye job on a vet assistant salary. So I propose a thread of what we are going to do for the next 3 months, after which time spending all our time freaking out is acceptable. I'll start:

1. Lose the last ten pounds I gained after breaking my hip last spring, in time to gain it all back at Xmas
2. Go camping in the mountains for a weekend before it gets cold.
3. Start swimming with Masters' swimming again even though it gives me East German Swim team shoulders
4. Finish my Mizzou supplemental before Oct 31, heh
5. Find a better job.

This way, even if I don't get in anywhere at least I'll be hot and rich! What are the rest of you obsessive people going to do :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

1. Lose weight gained after foot surgery
2. Take care of my dog during her recovery from knee surgery
3. Take a trip home to see my mom :love:

My goals for the next 3 months:
1. Find a sports team to join so I can get in shape and have some fun!
2. Read a few books FOR FUN
3. Go camping up north during the fall

Members don't see this ad :)
Next 3 months?
1. Finish my Mizzou suppplmental
2. Keep up my GPA in my current classes!
3. Follow Tori tour for a little while
4. Celebrate my birthday for an entire month (something I do every year, hahaha)
5. Reunion in San Diego in early January with some friends I haven't seen since March!
6. Secretly obsess about vet school despite the point of this thread. ;)

I'm not a vet app, but I lurk-mod in here, and since I am stressed and working towards crazy, I'm doing this too. :D

1. Run more, so I don't die in club ball this year
2. More photography
3. Get my internship apps in EARLY...at least a few.
4. Get out to th beach/ocean at least a few times before x-mas
5. Read at least 3 books that are not school/research related

-t

1. Visit the fam and probably gain a few pounds for turkey day (gobble gobble)
2. Get an A in Cell Biology despite it
3. Get xmas shopping done, before December!
4. Start running again, and hopefully start to like it

1. Go to the gym 4-5 times/week and lose 15 lbs
2. Ride my horse at least twice a week
3. Keep up with school work
4. Work as much as I can at the equine hospital

1. play with squirrels
2. play with squirrels
3. play with squirrels
4. play with squirrels

:D

I just got 2 new rescued babies yesterday! They are so sweet.

I forgot, the most important...

wrestle monkeys!

1. Maintain my GPA instead of getting lazy because its the last semester
2. Go to work out though I know Ill never do that
3. Spend lots of time with my wife and dogs!

nice thread :)

1. Get GPA up and get greeaattt grades.
2. Go through with an exercise plan haha
3. Volunteer more
4. Get a second job.
5. Finish everything I need to get done around the house
6. Stop being lazy
7. Stop watching TV at night
8. Figure out my internship thing
9. Start something new
10. Learn how to cook
11. Leave Wisconsin (jk) its sooooo cold already though! :( I'm all bundled up... it better not get to -40 again... :(

1) Finish off my college at the end of November.
2) Enjoy the summer break.
3) Do more veterinary experiences.
4) Hopefully moving to another country overseas will be smooth.

1) Finish remaining pre-vet reqs (and get decent grades)
2) Finish Tufts app by Nov 1st
3) Stop sleeping through alarm clock:sleep:
4) Work some kind of weights exercize into my vegetative lifestyle
5) See BRMC play at least once this year:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Have fun w/my sister and nieces when they come to visit
2. Go snowboarding for a week in Steamboat :love:
3. Cut back on french fries and potato chips

p.s. Catnapper - saw BRMC Saturday at the Download Festival - I like! (Went there mainly to see AFI and The Cure, though)

Shelter Girl, I am most jealous--that looked like fun! Yes, BRMC not only rawk, but they're quite easy on the eyes!:oops:

1) Finish off my college at the end of November.
2) Enjoy the summer break.
3) Do more veterinary experiences.
4) Hopefully moving to another country overseas will be smooth.

where you moving too?

1. Do well in remaining classes (so ready to be done!!)
2. Eat breakfast every day. Meaning waking up more than 5 minutes before I have to leave.
3. Watch a 3-d movie
4. Make home made chocolates for the holidays

This is a great thread. Enjoy the time while you have it...vet school is NOT fun. (Can you tell we're in the middle of exams?)

Ditto what Cyrille said. He had that picture up long before vet school - just shows how much more fun the getting in process is ;).

This first month will streetttccchhhh and drive you nuts but suddenly it'll be time for interviews, and then suddenly it'll be time for school!

Our advisor came in not to long ago and let us know they were looking at applications (your applications!) and that got a stunned gasp out of a lot of us: because has it really been that long since we were doing it?!?!

Good luck!

This is a great thread. Enjoy the time while you have it...vet school is NOT fun. (Can you tell we're in the middle of exams?)

WAY not fun, its the staying in vet school part that we're worried about at my school

Ditto what Cyrille said.

All I have to say, ri23 is... are we having fun yet!?! :lol: On that note... there's this class we're taking called radiology... hmm...

All I have to say, ri23 is... are we having fun yet!?! :lol: On that note... there's this class we're taking called radiology... hmm...

What, don't like radiology? You obviously haven't learned the radiology dance yet! :love:

dude, you're kidding, right? who are you hanging out with??

anatomy practical tomorrow? what? ;)

edit: wivet, how about the brachial plexus dance? or hte trabecula septomarginalis dance?? no?? well, i don't know the radiology one yet. we can teach each other!

edit: wivet, how about the brachial plexus dance? or hte trabecula septomarginalis dance?? no?? well, i don't know the radiology one yet. we can teach each other!

:laugh: We SO should! Anyone else have any good dances? I'll start a thread over in the vet forum later...

1. Finish my dog's Rally Novice title (one leg to go!)
2. Do an internship at the Racine Zoo
3. Add variety to my experience since I think that's this years biggest weakness, and if we have to go to next year's application cycle, I cant waste this fall semester.
4. Keep on learning at the clinic where I work. Its amazing what you become capable of when you get in way over your head!

Stressing out is totally fun! :scared: Another hour and this will be over. (Then onto Histo. sigh)

1) work out a little bit more
2) read some books other than a textbook
3) stop checking my email every hour
4) work more, so i'll be too tired to be worrying
5) go somewhere fun for a change.
6) think about all the fun holidays coming up i.e. thanksgiving and christmas!

:laugh: