Don't read This !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omrangassan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Acceptance at any Caribbean Med School ?

hi ..
I'm Omran from Jordan , 22 years old
I have got my HSC in 2001 with an averege marks of 76.9%
I'm NOW studying electrical engineering , I have passed about 83 credit in many subjects include ( Physics , chemistry , languages , humanities , engineering , maths ..... NO biology credit I got ).

my averege marks in those 83 credits is about 72% ( which equal about 2.6/4.0 ) ... And I really dream to be a doctor !

Here my questions :
1- As I'm an electrical engineering student .... Am I in need to enter the pre-med courses before enter the 1st medicine year ?

2- With such my HSC (76.9%) and GPA (72% = 2.6/4.0) ... What is my chance to get into the medical MD programme in any Caribbean Med School that got a pre-med programme ( Not any specific school ... any school in general ) ... I mean : Which med schools of th allllllllllll Caribbean Med Schools are better ( best ) for my case to get an admission in thier pre-med + MD programme ?

3- Will some of my credits at the electrical engineering transfer to the pre-med programme ?

thanx a lot ... really hope to hear from you !!

Members don't see this ad.

omrangassan said:
Acceptance at any Caribbean Med School ?

hi ..
I'm Omran from Jordan , 22 years old
I have got my HSC in 2001 with an averege marks of 76.9%
I'm NOW studying electrical engineering , I have passed about 83 credit in many subjects include ( Physics , chemistry , languages , humanities , engineering , maths ..... NO biology credit I got ).

my averege marks in those 83 credits is about 72% ( which equal about 2.6/4.0 ) ... And I really dream to be a doctor !

Here my questions :
1- As I'm an electrical engineering student .... Am I in need to enter the pre-med courses before enter the 1st medicine year ?

2- With such my HSC (76.9%) and GPA (72% = 2.6/4.0) ... What is my chance to get into the medical MD programme in any Caribbean Med School that got a pre-med programme ( Not any specific school ... any school in general ) ... I mean : Which med schools of th allllllllllll Caribbean Med Schools are better ( best ) for my case to get an admission in thier pre-med + MD programme ?

3- Will some of my credits at the electrical engineering transfer to the pre-med programme ?

thanx a lot ... really hope to hear from you !!

but, as per your instruction, I didn't read it.
:rolleyes:

I make my own rules and tend not to follow directions. Yes, I read your post! Your best bet is to call the schools that you are interested in and explain your situation. No one here can accurately tell you which credits can or cannot transfer.

Jays2cool4u :cool: