-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Technology Doom 3?
Started by Koko
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Umm.. it's already out for the Mac.Koko said:Any chance this will come out for either ps2 or Mac? I need me doom!![]()
Sessamoid said:Umm.. it's already out for the Mac.
Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's odd, though. When I checked out the "official Doom3" site, no mention of this. Hence, my immediate, downward spiral...thank you for pulling me off of the ledge.
sunny123 said:^ Good find. Now Koko you got yerself sum Doom.
I believe you meant, "git" me sum Doom. No worries.
id software is notorious about not keeping its website updated. They didn't do the port and aren't distributing it themselves either, so they actually have little to say about when the Mac version was released.Koko said:Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![]()
That's odd, though. When I checked out the "official Doom3" site, no mention of this. Hence, my immediate, downward spiral...thank you for pulling me off of the ledge.
YeahKoko said:I believe you meant, "git" me sum Doom. No worries.
y'know what I meant 😀 .If you're really in a hurry to see Doom 3, just turn off your monitor and play any other first person shooter.
jrdnbenjamin said:If you're really in a hurry to see Doom 3, just turn off your monitor and play any other first person shooter.
😡 Blasphemy!

PLAY SOF2!!! Double Helix multiplayer!!!Koko said:😡 Blasphemy!![]()

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh come on...the engine will be great in 2-3 years when graphics cards can handle it, but Doom 3's not a great game. It's too dark and the story is lame, especially compared to HL2 or Far Cry.Koko said:😡 Blasphemy!![]()
jrdnbenjamin said:Oh come on...the engine will be great in 2-3 years when graphics cards can handle it, but Doom 3's not a great game. It's too dark and the story is lame, especially compared to HL2 or Far Cry.
Actually it gets pretty good frame rates on sub par hardware. And it runs flawlessly on my Athlon 2100 with a Radeon 9800, 1 GB ram. I would consider my system middle of the road in terms of gaming hardware that's available.
And you can adjust the gamma...that's why the slider bar is there.
Huh. It runs very poorly on my Athlon 64 3500+, with an nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT and 4GB RAM. Maybe I need to adjust the quality settings...
jrdnbenjamin said:Huh. It runs very poorly on my Athlon 64 3500+, with an nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT and 4GB RAM. Maybe I need to adjust the quality settings...
Why on earth do you have 4 gigs of RAM?
With that system there is absolutely no reason why you can't run it on the games "high" setting. I think you may have a bigger problem, like a hardware problem. Why don't you tell me more about the trouble the game gives you...perhaps I can help.
Start by making sure the game is fully patched and you have the latest video and sound drivers. Are you using the stock AMD heatsink with your processor? If so, consider replacing it.
Wait a sec...are you trying to play on Ultra? It even says in the manual that such hardware is unavailable to consumers at the time of the game's release. You need 512MB of VRAM in order to play ultra at 1024x768. Just play at whatever setting it auto-detects, and you should see insane performance with those specs.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 973
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 406