Technology Doom 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Koko

Koko
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any chance this will come out for either ps2 or Mac? I need me doom! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

It might be a while Koko :laugh:

But, if ya got PS2, then I'd suggest Fight Night Round 2 or Full Spectrum Warrior.

Why must I be deprived? :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Good find. Now Koko you got yerself sum Doom.

Sessamoid said:
Umm.. it's already out for the Mac.

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smuggrin:
That's odd, though. When I checked out the "official Doom3" site, no mention of this. Hence, my immediate, downward spiral...thank you for pulling me off of the ledge.

sunny123 said:
^ Good find. Now Koko you got yerself sum Doom.

I believe you meant, "git" me sum Doom. No worries.

Koko said:
Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smuggrin:
That's odd, though. When I checked out the "official Doom3" site, no mention of this. Hence, my immediate, downward spiral...thank you for pulling me off of the ledge.
id software is notorious about not keeping its website updated. They didn't do the port and aren't distributing it themselves either, so they actually have little to say about when the Mac version was released.

Gotcha. I guess it wasn't so odd after all.

jrdnbenjamin said:
If you're really in a hurry to see Doom 3, just turn off your monitor and play any other first person shooter.

:mad: Blasphemy! :laugh:

:( :( :( :( :( And now for harsh reality: my G4 is too weak to handle this kick @ss game.

The horror...the horror...the horror...

And my ps2 is just as impotent when it comes to Doom 3. :mad:

jrdnbenjamin said:
Oh come on...the engine will be great in 2-3 years when graphics cards can handle it, but Doom 3's not a great game. It's too dark and the story is lame, especially compared to HL2 or Far Cry.

Actually it gets pretty good frame rates on sub par hardware. And it runs flawlessly on my Athlon 2100 with a Radeon 9800, 1 GB ram. I would consider my system middle of the road in terms of gaming hardware that's available.

And you can adjust the gamma...that's why the slider bar is there.

jrdnbenjamin said:
Huh. It runs very poorly on my Athlon 64 3500+, with an nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT and 4GB RAM. Maybe I need to adjust the quality settings...

Why on earth do you have 4 gigs of RAM?

With that system there is absolutely no reason why you can't run it on the games "high" setting. I think you may have a bigger problem, like a hardware problem. Why don't you tell me more about the trouble the game gives you...perhaps I can help.

Start by making sure the game is fully patched and you have the latest video and sound drivers. Are you using the stock AMD heatsink with your processor? If so, consider replacing it.

Wait a sec...are you trying to play on Ultra? It even says in the manual that such hardware is unavailable to consumers at the time of the game's release. You need 512MB of VRAM in order to play ultra at 1024x768. Just play at whatever setting it auto-detects, and you should see insane performance with those specs.