DOs and Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if programs typically require DOs to take USMLE Step 2 for matriculation?
 
Does anyone know if programs typically require DOs to take USMLE Step 2 for matriculation?

I think it is typical for programs to require it at matriculation but not at the time of application. However, I'll bet a program would just as soon take COMLEX 2 if you matched there.

That being said I recently got my Step 2 score back and I rocked it. 16 point improvement from Step 1 and I feel like a studied about half as much. In my opinion it is not as difficult as Step 1. I would recommend taking a practice test from nmbe.org. That way you'll get an idea of what your Step 2 score will be before you take it. It predicted by scores for Step 1 and Step 2 within 2-6 points. It costs $45.
 
I think it is typical for programs to require it at matriculation but not at the time of application. However, I'll bet a program would just as soon take COMLEX 2 if you matched there.

That being said I recently got my Step 2 score back and I rocked it. 16 point improvement from Step 1 and I feel like a studied about half as much. In my opinion it is not as difficult as Step 1. I would recommend taking a practice test from nmbe.org. That way you'll get an idea of what your Step 2 score will be before you take it. It predicted by scores for Step 1 and Step 2 within 2-6 points. It costs $45.

Where did you match? I'm guessing you attended Western/COMP?
 
I'm a fourth year student. My wife is 9 months pregnant so I wanted to get Step 2 out of the way.