DO's in an MD PM&R program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

antispatula

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that many if not most MD residencies for PM&R are DO friendly.

I know that its a least a little easier for anesthesia guys to match into a pain fellowship since most are run my anesthesia departments, but that it's also perfectly doable for a PM&R to get into them as long as their research, LOR's etc are good.

My question is this:

Is there any difference in difficulty between a DO and an MD PM&R to get into a pain fellowship at an anesthesiology-run program?
 
I don't think that there is any real way to answer that question. Just a guess... but I'd think it's probably along the lines of how a DO applicant would fare applying to the anesthesia residency at the specific institution w the fellowship.

That said.... I am a DO PMR in an anesthesia pain program.