DOs in peds.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waspahh33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious how well DOs, in general, are accepted to peds program and then progress into fellowships such as picu or neonatal? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just curious how well DOs, in general, are accepted to peds program and then progress into fellowships such as picu or neonatal? Thanks.

I just PM'd you.

I'm a PGY2 DO in an academic peds program shooting for a PICU fellowship

There are boatloads of DOs in neonatology. Not a problem.

From an application standpoint, I think the only issue is that neo faculty aren't as familiar often with COMLEX scores. Not a big deal, but some lack of familiarity requires a bit of effort on the part of the fellowship committee. Board scores aren't a big part of the application process, but they are looked at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pediatrics in general seems to be a pretty open field for DOs. I know that my program has several, and they're a roughly similar primary care vs. specialty division as the MDs. As far as I can tell, being a DO has not been an impediment for anybody. Getting yourself the right experiences, performing well on your ICU rotations, and maybe dabbling in some research will definitely be MUCH more important than the letters in your degree.

DO's are welcomed in peds. The caveat is that some peds residency programs do not even interview DO's, simply because they have such an overwhelming number of MD applicants it's an easy way to decrease the number of apps they have to weed through.

The caveat is that some peds residency programs do not even interview DO's,

aww, come on, don't leave us in suspense :mad:

Name names!!! Which programs? A quick look at the pedi resident list at 2 big East Coast programs saw no DOs, but of course that doesn't prove they don't have any interviewees that are DOs.

A look at two huge highly ranked programs not on the East Coast found DO residents at both.

So, in your experience, is it just those two big programs on the East Coast or are there others? We all are curious.:smuggrin:. Well, I'm curious....

I'll make a guess at Boston and Hopkins. Boston is pretty well known for having a pretty strong anti-DO bias, at least in their fellowships (and I think their residency is a lot harder to get into than some of their fellowships). You'll find a few DOs who graduated from a Boston fellowship (I worked with the first DO grad of a Boston fellowship. He's the head of nephrology at Maine Medical), but not that many, and probably none from the most competitive fellowships like cardiology. I'm speculating about Hopkins because of MG's training program.

While there might be some programs (residency and fellowships) that are long-to-no shots for DOs, for the most part, the field and its subspecialties are wide open.

Last edited:
I'll make a guess at Boston and Hopkins.

Okay, make that three...the two you listed and one more.:) Someone needs to go through the top 20 or so ranked programs and see who has DOs. Remembering that this doesn't prove that they haven't (or aren't this year...) interviewing DOs.

I actually was interested in this myself being a 3rd year DO student hoping to match into peds in New England. I contacted BCRP who has not had any DO's and said they really want the USMLE since they dont know how to evaluate COMLEX. Dartmouth wont look at your application unless you have USMLE scores (it says right on their website). Mass General hasnt gotten back to me yet. Tufts has a few DO's and next year's chief will be a DO from UNECOM. UMass has a few DO's and said they are "DO friendly" and fully know how to interpret COMLEX scores in lieu of USMLE. Baystate has a number of DO's as does UConn. Yale does not and with the cost of doing an away rotation there, I didnt write to them. I also didnt write to UVM for distance reasons. As J-Rad has said, Maine Med has a few great DO's. The peds nephro guy he was referring to is awesome, first DO ever to do a fellowship at Children's and first DO peds nephrologist ever, and he was recently on Oprah and is one of the most down to earth guys I have met.

So there are programs out there that accept DO's and some that even really like having DO students. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, Matt. Probably the only attending you'll ever meet who would prefer that you show up in jeans and a T shirt. He is a really good guy.

OK, so the "top 20" (actually 30) according to the most recent Parents magazine rankings (for whatever the rankings are worth, I think most put more stock in Parents Magazine's than USNAWR which are usually acknowledged as garbage).

1. The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
2. Children's Hospital Boston
3. Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
4. Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
5. St. Louis Children's Hospital
6. Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
7. Texas Children's Hospital, Houston
8. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
9. Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, Cleveland
10. The Children's Hospital, Denver
11. Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago
12. Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, New York City
13. Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center (now Seattle Children's Hospital)
14. Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
15. Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville
16. Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis
17. Children's Medical Center of Dallas
18. C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, Ann Arbor
19. Children's Hospital Los Angeles
20. University of Iowa Children's Hospital, Iowa City
21. Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego
22. Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City
23. Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
24. Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware
25. Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit
26. Miami Children's Hospital
27. Children's Hospitals & Clinics of Minnesota, Minneapolis
28. Primary Children's Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
29. Hasbro Children's Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island
30. Schneider Children's Hospital, New Hyde Park, New York

So have at it, amateur detectives. And please don't take it too seriously. You really can get great training and great fellowship placement, even if you don't train at one of the above.

MCW-Milwaukee: one PGY4 DO (med peds?). Unfortunately, their graduates list (which has where they went) does not list degrees.

Cinci-five DO residents this year.

WUSTL-zippo this year

Umm, Miami Children's Hospital is dual approved (AOA/ACGME). I'll bet they have a few ;) (and for you aspiring cardiotrons, Miami isn't small potatoes)

CHP (Pitt)-three including one of the three chiefs.

Nationwide Children's-Dual approved. Twelve DO residents listed on their website.

My sleuthing for tonight.

Riley-??

Baylor-Four residents. Three Peds ED fellows. (I didn't look at all fellowships, I stumbled onto this one)

CS Mott-zero.

Hasbro-zero (truthfully, I think they've never been overly DO-friendly. A good friend of mine trained there and I seem to recall her saying as much)

Iowa-seven residents. Five fellows.

Hopkins takes D.O.'s all the time....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopkins takes D.O.'s all the time....

OBP- you want names, I present you-- Hopkins.

Woot-- not sure where you got that info. It's definitely not a three year anomaly, maybe an 8 year one, since that was when i started internship :). Keep in mind I am only talking about peds RESIDENCY at Hopkins. There are Hopkins peds fellowships that take DO's. And other hopkins residency programs that take DO's (Anesthesiology, for example).

OBP- you want names, I present you-- Hopkins.

Woot-- not sure where you got that info. It's definitely not a three year anomaly, maybe an 8 year one, since that was when i started internship :). Keep in mind I am only talking about peds RESIDENCY at Hopkins. There are Hopkins peds fellowships that take DO's. And other hopkins residency programs that take DO's (Anesthesiology, for example).

There was a NYCOM student that got ER last year. The point is that if D.O. comes along that is spectacular they do have a shot. Some programs will never even consider it.

Yeah, I was talking more about fellowships.... but isn't that the goal anyways?

Edit: I know Denver would never consider a D.O., as much as they say otherwise.... It is beautiful though.

There was a NYCOM student that got ER last year. The point is that if D.O. comes along that is spectacular they do have a shot. Some programs will never even consider it.

Yeah, I was talking more about fellowships.... but isn't that the goal anyways?

Edit: I know Denver would never consider a D.O., as much as they say otherwise.... It is beautiful though.

Well, the post (post #5 in this thread) from Michigangirl we were talking about was specific to residencies.... and an n=1 isn't exactly "all the time", although I suspect there are others. Fellowship committees often have different agendas as well as different leaders.

However, speaking of naming names, care to tell us which programs would "never even consider" taking a DO in either their residency OR any of their fellowships???

This is perhaps the most interesting and useful thread on this forum in quite a while :D. Dish the dirt and get those programs to see that their "choices" have been noticed.:smuggrin:

Rainbow-eight

Denver-one

Children's Memorial-zero (curiosity got me looking at one fellowship-CCM. One DO, and I know another will be there next year. But as OBP pointed out, fellowships can have different agendas/leadership from residencies at the same institution)

Morgan Stanley-0-1 (There is a PL1 with school listed as UMDNJ and two PL3s with school listed as UMDNJ/R. W. Johnson [RWJ is the MD granting 1/2 of UMDNJ so it's possible that the PL1 went to UMDNJSOM. Degrees themselves not listed)

Seattle-zero

Dallas-four

CHOLA-??? (At least some time in the past they had someone: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-42110.html)

Children's Mercy, Kansas City-yes (only the three chiefs list degrees, one of whom is a DO. One of our 1st year fellows (DO) is a KC alumna. The Chairman of the Dept just came from a very DO friendly pediatric hospital/residency [though I don't suppose that obligates him to continue the tradition])

Rady-zero

CHM-Detroit is dual AOA/ACGME approved.

Minnesota-Four in the current intern class. Can't find list of PL2/3s.

Utah-one in the med-peds program.

Schneider???

CHOP-zero.

I think that's all the looking I'm going to do. DOs can get into many of the top pediatrics residencies in the country. Some programs are long shots. Find a program that fits you, because you can get outstanding training even at places not on this list and go to a good fellowship if you want to. In the most competitive of the fellowships (cardiology, neo, and Peds EM) there will be an uphill climb at some programs, but we are still in those fields, even if in lesser numbers (and as OBP points out, there are plenty of DO neos).

Wow. When I started this thread and didn't have any hits for 3-4 days I expected it to die out. However, it turned into a research report. Haha, I'm thankful to all of you who helped out a measly guy about to begin the med school journey. As a side note, I just read that last post that mentioned ped EM is a tough fellowship to get in to. Is that the general consensus?

My thinking is that "top" programs are D.O.-shy not because of any sense of uppity-ness, but because they target outliers in research.

FMGs often dazzle in the lab, coming equipped with Ph.Ds, and they end up at some "top" programs.

To be honest, I have never encountered a D.O./Ph.D but I imagine they would have a very good chance of matching to any program they targeted.

Last edited:
My thinking is that "top" programs are D.O.-shy not because of any sense of uppity-ness, but because they target outliers in research.

FMGs often dazzle in the lab, coming equipped with Ph.Ds, and they end up at some "top" programs.

To be honest, I have never encountered a D.O./Ph.D but I imagine they would have a very good chance of matching to any program they targeted.

I think that's a reasonable hypothesis, however, if you go to the websites (I didn't post the links because they'll be dead links in a few months) you'll find that, IIRC, most of the top programs that didn't have DOs didn't have FMGs, and those that had DOs either had no FMGs or also had FMGs. There may have been a few with small number of FMGs without DOs, but if you look at the list, these would be the minority. Here's my hypothesis as to why: most residencies, even the top ones, are going to treat research by med students as a plus, but not anywhere near a requisite (and probably a minority of their residents did research as MSs). Many fellowships on the other hand will be more interested in research by residents because of 1) The ABP's requirement for a "scholarly product" as part of the training process for peds subs and 2) because there are a lot of fellowships that are funded through NIH grants (T32s I believe) and continuation of this funding depends on the program producing research. Interestingly, programs with this funding will have restrictions on FMGs in the program (only those with permanent visas-a lot of FMGs are on visa waivers, so not eligible).

Well, the post (post #5 in this thread) from Michigangirl we were talking about was specific to residencies.... and an n=1 isn't exactly "all the time", although I suspect there are others. Fellowship committees often have different agendas as well as different leaders.

However, speaking of naming names, care to tell us which programs would "never even consider" taking a DO in either their residency OR any of their fellowships???

This is perhaps the most interesting and useful thread on this forum in quite a while :D. Dish the dirt and get those programs to see that their "choices" have been noticed.:smuggrin:

Truthfully Im not competitive enough to have applied to Mass general to let you know how they feel about it.

I really can't reveal names, but some programs have asked D.O's how they are any different from chiropractors. I have gotten a bunch of uncomfortable questions about "choosing" to be a D.O. but just take it in stride and try not to let that become the theme of the interview.

I would say the competitive childrens hospitals in Cali are off limits to D.O's like San Diego for instance.

I know that for other more competitive fields like Radiology NYU won't sniff a D.O. as well as some places in Chicago.

I have been told that basically there is no point in considering D.O.'s if there are enough MD's to fill those spots.

CHOP does interview DOs, they haven't had one there for decades from what I have been told.

Nationwide has 2 DOs in the ACGME program, the rest of them are in the DO part of the dually accredited program.

There are a few DO/PhDs out there, not a ton though. I knew 3 in school who all went into MD program... 1 did family med. the other 2 matched general surgery.

Places that stuck out to me as being very "anti-DO" were Wash U St. Louis Children's, Chicago Children's, Northwestern, Denver Children's and Seattle Children's.

I don't really agree with this. With the exception of a few places like CHOP and BCRP which tend to match more candidates with Ph.D's or lots of research, most peds programs don't place research as a top criteria. I doubt there are "targeting outliers in research."

CHOP does interview DOs, they haven't had one there for decades from what I have been told.

Apparently 4-5 years ago, SDN had a member who claimed to be a DO resident at CHOP (probably since graduated by now) .... can't remember his SDN user name but it began with an M

Made a list:
Add other programs if you want

1. The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 0
2. Children's Hospital Boston 0
3. Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 1
4. Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center 5
5. St. Louis Children's Hospital 0
6. Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 12
7. Texas Children's Hospital, Houston 4
8. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta >2
9. Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, Cleveland 6
10. The Children's Hospital, Denver 1
11. Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago 0
12. Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, New York City 0
13. Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center (now Seattle Children's Hospital) 0
14. Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh 3
15. Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville 0
16. Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis ?
17. Children's Medical Center of Dallas 5
18. C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, Ann Arbor 0
19. Children's Hospital Los Angeles 0
20. University of Iowa Children's Hospital, Iowa City 7
21. Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego 0
22. Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City 19
23. Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC 0
24. Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 14
25. Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Duel
26. Miami Children's Hospital Duel
27. Children's Hospitals & Clinics of Minnesota, Minneapolis 6
28. Primary Children's Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 0
29. Hasbro Children's Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 0
30. Schneider Children's Hospital, New Hyde Park, New York Multiple

I'll add two to the list. They are not in the "top 30" but I hope people who read this forum enough realize that a great program and the right residency for them might lay outside of this list. I have some passing familiarity with these programs, which I will touch on:

Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME (rotated there as a 4th year medical student in a few subspecialties). Three currently. I've actually looked at their resident list every year since graduating in '05 (for curiosity's sake) and they have had 1-2 DO residents in almost every class.

Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters, Norfolk, VA (as a resident, did three peds EM rotations there and a peds ID rotation). They have two PL 1s this year. Curiosity has had me look in the past and this is the first year I've seen more than one (and frequently they have zero). I think I might have asked someone there once if they considered it DO-friendly and IIRC got the impression that they were somewhat cool to DOs but, obviously would take them on occasion. There are at least two peeps on this board who can speak with more authority on the matter, but I'll let them decide if they want to weigh in.

And since these hospitals aren't in the (supposed) "top 30", I'll state that the reason I mention them is that they are two fantastic places to train (had I not been obligated to apply to military residencies, I would have trying my darndest to get into MMC. The Peds ED at KD almost had me thinking about a career in peds EM)

Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters, Norfolk, VA (as a resident, did three peds EM rotations there and a peds ID rotation). They have two PL 1s this year. Curiosity has had me look in the past and this is the first year I've seen more than one (and frequently they have zero). I think I might have asked someone there once if they considered it DO-friendly and IIRC got the impression that they were somewhat cool to DOs but, obviously would take them on occasion. There are at least two peeps on this board who can speak with more authority on the matter, but I'll let them decide if they want to weigh in.

Yes, CHKD definitely looks at and interviews DOs. There was one in a senior class when I was an intern, and as you noted, two in the intern class now. It varies depending on many factors, but certainly apply if you are interested!

I'm a DO and interviewed at CHKD in November. I honestly was not expecting to hear from them with my board scores, and I only took COMLEX. They were VERY friendly, and I know of at least 10 other DOs that interviewed there this season as well.

One of my big things was being able to get Resolution 42 from the AOA so that my intern year will count in PA, MI, FL, and OK. I specifically asked them about this, and they assured me that they can accommodate the requirements. One of the interns is from my school, and I believe he said he has already done all the work and just needs to submit the forms.

Can you guys explain to me a little bit about the intern year or transitional year. I understand that many do this who don't match what/where they want. Do any programs require such a year?

I am also a DO student and interviewed at places I never thought would consider me. I also only took the COMLEX - with above average scores - but nowhere near the 95th - 99th percentile. I might have had a different experience because I am also a Triple Board applicant, but most of the TB programs consist of an intern year of pediatrics. We also interview with the pediatric administration. I'll post a few of my experiences.

Brown - I didn't see any DOs during my time there, however, I did not feel out of place. I was asked in one of my interview why I attended a DO school, but that was it. The rest of the time during my interviews were great discussions about the future of pediatrics and child psychiatry.

Cincinnati - very DO friendly and just overall super friendly. Their ID badges say MD/DO, which I thought was fantastic. No one asked me why I decided to attend a DO school.

Riley Children's - I did not meet any DOs, but there was a fellow DO applicant with me. From what I can remember, no one asked me about my scores or attending a DO school.

Primary Children's (Utah) - Let me just say SLC is beautiful!! The residents and faculty I met were so so nice. I did have a chief resident ask me about being a DO, but only because she was curious about the curriculum.

Schneider Children's Hospital (now Cohen's) - I did an adolescent medicine rotation there and was treated no different than any other medical student. I know they have DOs in their program, they match some from my school every year.

Now the not so good. I applied to almost every pediatric program in NYC and was not offered one interview. I met Mount Siani's program director at AACAP and introduced myself as an applicant. I also e-mail them twice letting them know how interested I was in there program and I never got a response.:( I also applied to Pittsburgh, I even did a rotation there, and I was told I would have to take a USMLE step prior to interviewing, and then I would have to complete Step 1 and both Step 2s before my intern year. :(

All being said - I felt like I had a great interview experience at each place that I visited. I feel truly lucky and blessed and hope that my positive experience gives hope to all of my fellow DOs out there. Feel free to PM me with specific questions.

JellyB

Can you guys explain to me a little bit about the intern year or transitional year. I understand that many do this who don't match what/where they want. Do any programs require such a year?

It depends on which specialty you're going into. But, seeing how you're on the Pediatrics board, it shouldn't be a problem. If you go into an AOA or dually accredited program, your first year will automatically fulfill the AOA's requirements for the intern year. If you go into an ACGME program, that is where you need to make decisions. There are several paths to take.

You can still do an AOA approved intern year or "traditional rotating internship." You would need to go through the AOA match, and would then need to seek out programs that will sign you as a PGY-2 outside the match or (I think) go through the ACGME match the following year and basically start over as a PGY-1. This obviously adds a year to your training. Also, if you're doing Pedi, the prospect of another year of adult medicine may make you want poke your eyes out. I know adult medicine has this effect on me.

You can do the ACGME match and go into a PGY-1 spot in a residency that is DO friendly and will allow you to meet the requirements for Resolution 42. This is what allows DOs to have their intern year approved by the AOA without doing a separate internship. Just Google it, and the AOA site and requirements will come up. The hang up in Pedi is the month of adult medicine, but some programs get around it rather artfully. If you want more info on programs that are good for this, PM me. I called, oh, about 100 programs in the northeast and northern mid-west and asked about it.

You can do the ACGME match and go into a PGY-1 spot and say screw the AOA. If you don't do the requirements for Res 42, though, you will have a heck of time getting licensed in PA, MI, FL or OK. If you would never in your life move to one of these states, this would be the preferred route. No extra year. No wiggling around requirements. No restrictions on which ACGME programs would help you out.

I ran into a few in Michigan that stated that an AOA approved traditional rotating internship was required of DOs. I assume that also means that after the internship you would match as a PGY-1, rather than signing outside as a PGY-2. I didn't investigate further because I want to avoid a separate internship like the plague.

That was really long. If you're still confused, PM me.

Oh and after all that, I totally overlooked your question. Yes, some people who don't match in the ACGME match will scramble into an intern or traditional rotating year. They do this with hopes of signing a contract outside the match as a PGY-2. One of my preceptors did this before Resolution 42 was created. Matched into an AOA internship in February. Signed as a pedi PGY-2 in an ACGME program a month later in March. I guess if you can't scramble into a pedi spot, ONE year of adults is a much better prospect than an entire residency of something like family med.

Wow. When I started this thread and didn't have any hits for 3-4 days I expected it to die out. However, it turned into a research report. Haha, I'm thankful to all of you who helped out a measly guy about to begin the med school journey. As a side note, I just read that last post that mentioned ped EM is a tough fellowship to get in to. Is that the general consensus?

CHOP had a resident from AZCOM, 1st DO (I think?) there , class of 2004 9(grad class from med school that is, which would've made him residency class of 2007).

MCW is ranked 3rd? hoowee. Would not have expected that. anywayyyyy....

Here's my 2 ¢, take it as you may...

Anyplace that uses the term: PMD (instead of PCP), e.g. a lot of Chicago prgrams and MCW, DOs are not so favorably looked upon. That said, if you have rocking USMLE (not COMLEX) scores, they may overlook it...

in general, peds programs are far more open vs. other specialties.

Dear All,

I am a DO also looking into peds programs, does anyone have any comment/recommendation on the duo accredited NJ/NY programs??

or any good duo accredited peds programs in general?

thank you a lot!

here is a list of all AOA programs, please help

Columbia Hosp/Palms West Hospital, Loxahatchee, FL

NSUCOM/Miami Children's Hosp, Miami, FL

Edward W. Sparrow Hospital, Lansing, MI

St John Providence Health System-Osteo Div, Warren, MI

Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals MEP, Warren, MI

UMDNJ/SOM/Childrens Regional, Camden, NJ

UMDNJ/Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune, NJ

NYCOM/Newark Beth Israel MC/St. Barnabas HS, Newark, NJ

NYCOM/Maimonides Med Ctr, Brooklyn, NY

NYCOM/Good Samaritan Hospital, West Islip, NY

OUCOM/Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH

University Hospitals Richmond Medical Center, Richmond Heights, OH

Oklahoma State University Medical Center, Tulsa, OK

PCOM/Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA

UNTHSC/TCOM/Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX

WVSOM/Charleston Area Med Ctr, Charleston, WV

WVSOM/West Virginia University Hospital, Morgantown,WV

CHOP had a resident from AZCOM, 1st DO (I think?) there , class of 2004 9(grad class from med school that is, which would've made him residency class of 2007).

MCW is ranked 3rd? hoowee. Would not have expected that. anywayyyyy....

Here's my 2 ¢, take it as you may...

Anyplace that uses the term: PMD (instead of PCP), e.g. a lot of Chicago prgrams and MCW, DOs are not so favorably looked upon. That said, if you have rocking USMLE (not COMLEX) scores, they may overlook it...

in general, peds programs are far more open vs. other specialties.

MCW is a wonderful place. They have excellent outcomes across the board with all their subspecialties and are a large academic center that's involved in lots of research. MCW/CHW takes part in many large multicenter peds studies. The attendings there are top notch and you have people like Kliegman (Nelson's) and Rudolph (Rudolph's pediatrics) who are on staff and plenty of other attendings who take pride in their academic accomplishments and love to teach. This all comes with modesty as well so that while they are nationally recognized they don't carry themselves with the bravado people from other institutions do. I won't name names but I'd say some of them fall in line with the institutions named in this thread earlier.

If you believe that such lists are important, scroll above and see the programs that are listed as dually accredited.

As to your list, I would ask, why are you focused on that list of programs? This is a critical question.

thank you for your comment, the reason why i post this list is because i am doing couple match and my partner have to go AOA. I do understand that there are a lot of DO friendly good MD peds programs out there, but just can't do MD/DO couple match. Any info on those AOA program will be greatly appreciated! thank you very much :p

I am a 3rd year DO student and hoping to be competitive in some of the residencies listed here. I took both COMLEX and USMLE Step 1 and did pretty well on both. I am trying to figure out if it is necessary for me to take USMLE Step 2 or will COMLEX suffice?

Also does anyone have any more information on St. Louis Children's Hospital? A mentor of mine did his residency there and said that they have no problems accepting DO students, but I looked at the class information for right now and they don't have any right now, and this page seems to indicate that they have an anti-DO bias.

Finally, anyone know anything about how University of Chicago's peds program is doing since they opened the new hospital?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited: